If I continue having many more days like I had today, there will be NO problem making the decision to leave if offered this new job. Yes, it has gotten quite bad at the school.
Let me say this first...I love being a teacher.
There is nothing quite like it in the world. I love being able to make a difference in the life of these awesome children. However, if the administration and some of these parents continue to make my life so miserable, I will quickly accept any job offer that comes along. Yes, I have great hope that I will be offered this new job I have previously posted about. I will know for sure after the board of directors meets to vote on the candidate of their choice.
I can't tell you how excited I am and how anxious I am to be able to move out of this town to a job that will be a new and different type of challenge. I would also get the opportunity to live my life free of fear and without the need to be so hidden in my life. Plus I would already have two great friends in the area. (You know who you are...)
If and when I do have to make the decision to leave my students midway through the school year, I know it will be one of the most difficult decisions. As I was talking with my teammate today, she said that you really have to do what is the best interest of you. While I agree with that, I still worry about how my students will be able to adjust to a new teacher. I know they can do it, but I am a consummate worrier. I know that if offered the job I will not hesitate to take it.
I need a new start.
I need a job that doesn't involve crazy parents being down my throat.
I will get to speak for those teachers who I love so much.
I will get to affect public policies in education.
Oh, yeah, I am ready to go!


I thought it was the students who are giving you trouble, lol. In my BFF's high school German class (5 years ago), someone lit a girl's hair on fire. Someone else pretended to be an airplane. These were all during class time.
ReplyDeleteSometimes the students can get to me, but I know that tomorrow is another day with them. When we have good days (quite often) they are fantastic and bring a smile to my face. But, there are days when they can be difficult. Life goes on.
ReplyDeleteI had an issue with a parent today who is making some very unreasonable demands. I was sent a very disrespectful and nasty email that this parent also sent to the principal. I emailed the principal requesting a meeting tomorrow to discuss it.
I know that I am in the right here, but I wanted to talk with the Principal to fill her in and seek her advice.
I was so furious after I read the email from the parent, I immediately wanted to respond. I began writing a response and I let this parent know I had taken offense to some of the accusations he was making against me. He was being unreasonable and unprofessional.
At this point in my career, I have tenure. I am no longer afraid to speak up and defend myself against stupidity and thoughtlessness.
yes - we know who we are! COME SOON!
ReplyDeleteParents... one of the biggest things I dread about becoming a teacher. :::Hug:::
ReplyDeleteHoping you get the job!!!
Enjoyed our convo this afternooon