December 13, 2009

Job Hunt Update

I got an email from the state staff that said interviews would be done next weekend. They will be making phone calls this week to potential candidates. Once the interviews are done, the staff will make recommendations to the board which meet on Jan 9. (Excitement and optimism is in the air.) 


I also learned that two other supervisor positions have opened up. I am applying for both of them though only one of them is in the area of the state I want to move to. 


To be totally frank, the position I really want will be the original one I applied for a few weeks ago. It is in a great location and I have friends there trying to plan my life for me already. I would hate to spoil their planning efforts. 




5 comments:

  1. I'm hoping for the best for you!!! Keeping my fingers crossed on the original position and hoping that if that doesn't work out these other 2 do!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The very best of luck to you, JC!

    -Dean

    ReplyDelete
  3. best of luck! I know this is something that's very important to you, so will be giving you a little extra good thoughts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck. I know the feeling. I've been trying to move on to a new position (in the same company, no less!) for the last few months, and have been fighting upper management the entire way. I know what *I* want, and it doesn't overlap with what they're offering me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that picture and messages! :D Good luck with the application!!

    ReplyDelete