December 11, 2009

Update - 12.10.09

Greeting all! 


So I have been pretty quiet for a few days. I have been slowly recovering my voice. I cannot remember the last time I had no voice. I am sure that it was the time we went to a hockey game and I yelled during the entire game.  My students found it hilarious that I had no voice during class. I actually had to use my microphone so they could all hear me. I promise you that it is rare for me to use that microphone. I have a teacher's voice that carries throughout the room. But, I am happy to report that my voice is back to about 90% force. My poor students don't stand a chance now. I am back! 


In other news, we had a crazy couple days of wind blowing through the area. My school actually lost power on Wednesday due to these insane winds knocking down trees and power lines. We lost power for about 3 hours. My students thought we would not have class and would go home...WRONG! I have windows so we have light. Class went on despite the hopes of my kids. (Ha ha!)  I came home to numerous limbs scattered throughout my street, yard, and driveway. I couldn't even get into my driveway because of the branches. I had to clear them all before I could park. Luckily, the house was fine. We are not accustomed to these types of winds, so it actually made for some good news. 


Spoke with my dad the other day and he asked me what I thought about making a trip to Michigan just after Christmas to visit some family friends. I told him I was ready to go. I have not been to see our family friends in 15 years. I cannot believe it has been that long. Dad has been there to visit them...several times each year. I have not been basically due to scheduling conflicts. These friends were such a huge part of my life during my childhood and teenage years. I am excited about the possibility of visiting with them all. It will be interesting to see how everyone, and I mean everyone, has changed.  Will keep you posted if the trip takes place. 


No news yet on the job possibility. The position just closed this past week, so I am expecting to hear something next week. If I hear something you will definitely know about it. 


Nothing else to report at this point. I will post more later. Just thought I would let you know I am still here.


Hope to talk to you all soon.
- JC

No comments:

Post a Comment