I arrived at my interview 30 minutes early. That's right folks...always arrive early! NEVER ARRIVE LATE! As I sat in the lobby waiting to go in I began to just think about all the possible questions that could be asked of me. Finally, one of the interviewers came out to retrieve me. We go back into the conference room and there they were...
THE FIRING SQUAD
In the conference room there is a long conference table. Seated around the table were 9 interviewers! You heard me right...NINE! I walked around the table and shook each person's hand and introduced myself. The hilarious part of this is the fact that I personally knew about 6 of the people in the conference room. Instantly I was a bit more at ease. We sat down, with me at the end of the table, and the questions began.
Each member of the committee got to ask me a question. I anticipated many of the questions, but there were some that were very detailed and very involved. I asked for two of the questions to be repeated just to make sure I answered every part of their questions.
After the question session, I was escorted to an office for the writing prompt. I was given a half-sheet with a scenario on it. I was then given 30 minutes to type a response to the scenario. It is no secret that I can type and type and type. I ended up writing my response twice. I did not like the first draft. I went back and reread the question before going for my second response. The second one answered the questions more accurately.
All-in-all I feel extremely confident in the answers I gave. All I can do now is wait 3 weeks. This committee will make a recommendation to the Board of Directors, and they will vote for the candidate they prefer. The date to remember is JANUARY 9. That is the day of the vote.
By the way, my favorite question asked of me was "If you are offered this position will you accept it?" My response was "Whole-heartedly."
Once I hear anything, believe me when I say I will share it with you.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I did not get to make it home tonight. A friend of mine called me from home to tell me that there is MORE snow. The committee offered to reimbursement me for another night in a hotel. So, I am hold up in another hotel. Now I am off to the movies to see AVATAR 3-D at the IMAX THEATER!
Sounds like you nailed it mate..., I hope so. All the best my friend.
ReplyDeleteI wish you the best of luck, and if I don't post before hand , a very merry christmas.
Octavius.
I'm sure you did awesome!
ReplyDeleteSounds like things were in your favor, like already knowing 2/3 of the interviewers.
ReplyDeleteI love how you rewrote the prompts twice. OCD much? J/K!
Good luck!!! I'll be thinking about that date- the day after my birthday.
Congratulations JC!
ReplyDeleteSounds like you pushed through and did a great job!
Interviewed by nine people?! I would've blacked out just hearing that number! LOL and I'm being serious!
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!!
-Dean