December 22, 2009

My Merry Christmas Update

Yes, I know that it is not exactly Christmas Day just yet. However, sitting here today I have decided that I want to share Christmas plans, wishes, etc. 


Christmas Plans


I have decided to take a different route on Christmas gifts this year. I have found myself unwilling to go out and do the marathon shopping I do each Christmas season. (That would be me leaving the house at 7AM, going out for breakfast, doing ALL my shopping in one day, and getting home around 11PM...) I find it hilarious that I have lost the want or need to go shopping for all these gifts I get every year. I literally can fill up my SUV in one day. I am my mother's child, after all. 


Anyway, instead of doing the marathon of shopping I have decided to hand make ornaments for gifts. I have been researching various types of ornaments that can be made. For my dad, aunt, and uncle I am making these ornaments that have various pictures of their parents on them. My grandmother passed away in 2005 and my grandfather in 2006. I have some other really great ideas for ornaments that look pretty awesome. There is the moose made out of pine cones, the snowmen made from light bulbs, etc. My favorite ones are those that look old and traditional. I found one idea that involved taking old shirts, cutting them into strips, and placing the strips on styrofoam balls. It doesn't sound too fantastic, but the end result is incredible. Plus, it is a personal gift instead of other generic gifts I am so used to buying. 


So why the change in this year's outlook on gift giving? I don't really know. I guess I am trying to pull back from the materialistic side of it all. I am certainly not turning my nose up at buying all the gifts. I love that part of it and I especially love watching the looks on people's faces when they get a wonderful gift. I put a lot of thought into what I buy each person. I always have. This year I simply wanted to try something different. 


I will be spending Christmas Eve with my aunt and our entire immediate family. That will mean me, brother, sister (maybe), dad, aunt and uncle hubby, uncle and girlfriend, cousin K and her 3 boys, cousin P's wife and 4 kids, cousin C and his wife and 3 kids.. For those of you trying to keep count that will be 10 nieces and nephews (ages 1, 1, 3, 3, 5, 5, 7, 9, 9, 13...whew) running throughout the house. I am taking the Aleve with me just to be sure I don't get a migraine for the running and screaming of that many kids at once. 


After the celebration at my Aunt's home,  my brother and dad will actually be coming back to my house for the night. That is part of my Christmas wish since this may be my last Christmas in my home. I have lived here for 13 years and brother has never been up here to see where I live. I still can't believe he agreed to come up here for Christmas. 


I will cook a Christmas breakfast the next morn. I am especially excited about the Applewood smoked bacon I found the other day. Oh..........mouth is watering for just that alone. There will also be eggs, biscuits and gravy, fruit, etc. For dad, I will fix his traditional fried bologna. It would not be a Christmas Breakfast without it. (Hey, we are a true southern family...)


Sometime on Christmas day, my brother and I will venture out to my mother's house to celebrate with her. 


After all of that...who knows?!?!


-------------------------------------------------------


Christmas Wishes


I thought I would take a few moments to let some people know how much I appreciate them. Since I can't send many of you Christmas gifts (for various reasons) I thought I would use this as a quasi-present to each of you...so here we go. 


Jenny
My dearest and best friend...you know I have a love for you unlike that for any other person I know. Who would have ever guess that going to college together would end up with us having this bond that is so much more than mere friendship. We know more about each other that even our families know. We have seen each other through some of the best and the absolute toughest times in our lives. You know I will always be here for you no matter where each of us may go. I can't wait to see you soon! 


Mikey
You have been a wonderful addition to my life this year. I find it odd that I have never met you, but I feel comfortable talking to you about a variety of life topics. Thanks for being there to lend an ear and for sharing parts of your life with me. You have helped me in more ways that you may ever know. The offer still stands...when you get out to TN, you call me and I will be your personal guide through Dollywood. 


Los
My friend, you inspire me in many ways. I have enjoyed our numerous talks over the past few months. Your story of courage and strength just make me smile. I will always be here for you if you need to chat or need words of encouragement. 


Lee
Lee your words of encouragement always make me smile whenever I am the recipient. Thank you for always being so willing to offer your friendship to someone who you have never met. I look forward to learning more about you and your life out there in the western US. Take care of yourself...


Jen J
You are most certainly my favorite "call girl" of all time. (Everyone else get your heads out of the gutter...she is not that kinds of "call girl." She works in the call center where I used to work. You weirdos!) Your outlook on life makes me grin from ear to ear. You are about a southern as they come and I love you so much more for it. You are a fantastic mother and a wonderful friend. I love talking and hanging out with you. Keep just being yourself...the person that EVERYBODY loves. 


Aaron
Your life experiences are unlike anyone else's that I have ever met. Your outlook on life should be shared and adopted by everyone. You continue to keep me in awe and you continue to offer me hope and inspiration for the future. I think what just puts my jaw to the floor is the fact you are so young! Keep it up!


Dean
First of all, you are a fantastic artist. I have enjoyed getting to see the fruits of your labor. My wish for you this year is that you will finally see how great of an artist you truly are. I also hope that you are able to find the happiness that you deserve. You know I will be here for you whenever you need anything. (Ear, shoulder, etc)


Sister
Sis, while you will never read this, I needed to put this down somewhere. My wish for you is that you will FINALLY get your life in order. I hope that you will learn that there is so much more to life than the drinking, drugs, and partying. My fear is that you are close to hitting rock-bottom, but sometimes people have to get there before they will make a change. I truly love you and I want only the best for you. I wish I knew how to help you, but I feel so distant from you. Part of the reason for the distance is that you know I will tell you the truth...that your behavior is going to destroy you or someone else. Dad and your mom are willing to help you out so you can get your life together. Why do you resist both? Go get your GED and start a life...please. Do it for no one else but yourself. I will continue to pray for you to snap out of this path you are on. I do love you. 


Mikeal and Mandi
While it seems unfair to group the two of you together for this (you each deserve your own amount of praise), I feel that I would be repeating myself for much of it. So here you go. I have enjoyed learning about your lives, your story, and I look forward to seeing what the future has in store for you two. You both have opened up your lives and your home to me. That is pretty amazing in my eyes. I am honored to call you my friends. Also, the two of you are incredible parents. I could tell that when I met your children. They are as amazing as their parents. Keep up the great work and the awe-inspiring love you share. 


Evan
My wish for you is that you are able to find you place in life. I know that it is a constant struggle for you, and I really hope that God will show you the path he has for you. My wish for you is that you will also be able to make the move to the ATL and get your job with CFA. Keep looking forward and up! 


Ian
You are so brutally honest in everything you write. It is incredible. I have enjoyed reading about your life, and I appreciate all the comments you have left for me as well. You are not alone in this world. Never forget that. We will always be here to lend a helping hand, a shoulder to cry on or for support, etc. I hope that 2010 will be wonderful and unforgettable for you. You deserve that!


Chris
Thank you for sharing your story with us as well. You have a beautiful family. I am still jealous of you living up there in the northwest corner of the US. Thanks for the chats and just allowing me to consider you a friend. I look forward to getting to know more about your story and the choices you make in life. 


I know I am going to be leaving people out. As I am writing this part I am stopping to add others above. Please know that I value each and every one of you and want nothing but the best for each of you. My best wishes for you in the coming year.





-------------------------------------------------------



MERRY CHRISTMAS!

3 comments:

  1. That's soooo cool your brother is finally coming out to your house! Hopefully it is an amazing Christmas in your new home!!!

    Thanks for the Christmas wish!!! I'm very glad to have met you, too!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're soooooo sweet, JC!

    I hope you have a Merry Christmas too!!!

    -Dean

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much , just know I cherish you as much as you cherish me. I am very grateful that we have met , and looking forward to many more chats. You are a truly remarkable person that is letting his true colors sign threw , never stop. It is a beam of light that many are touch by. You damn sure,know how to enrich the people around you for the better.. Thanks ... for being there ...I am truly best for having you in my life. Happy Christmas ( belated ) I love the tree and the pictures of your family. Love Lee

    ReplyDelete