Today I was playing around with Google Earth and I discovered that I could get street level photos of places. So, I went back into my history.
This is my childhood home. I spent the first 14 years of my life in this home. I was completely ticked off at my dad when he sold this house and moved us into town. I miss that house. I have mentioned growing up here before. It was a dream location for a child to grow up. There were about 20 houses in our subdivision and every one of them had kids my age. I had so many friends in the neighborhood. I miss it!
This is my mother's former home. She moved into this house with my stepfather in 1993. They paid around $130,000 for it. It had 10 acres of farmland attached. In 2008 they sold the house for $650,000. (Doesn't that make you sick? It did me. Sadly, I don't get ot see any of that! See below to find out why.) A developer bought it and built up a neighborhood of condos. I miss this house too. There were a lot of good memories with my mother here.
My mother and step-father built this beautiful house after selling their former home. The ended up spending about half of what they got for their former home to build their new home. It is 4 bedrooms and 4 baths. That is 2 master bedrooms (they sleep separately...my step-father snores bad!) and 2 master baths in that count. It comes equipped with my dream kitchen, and open floor plan, cathedral ceilings in the living room, a media room downstairs, 2 garages, and some of the most amazing views of the Appalachian Mountains. Did I mention that each bedroom has a walk-in closet? Mom's bedroom has TWO walk-in closets that are bigger than my bedroom. One of my favorite features in the house is that the living room fireplace has a waterfall above it. (FIRE AND WATER) To top it all off, you should see the garage my step-father built next to the house. I kid you not...it is larger than the entire house. I love my mother and step-father, but why do they need 4 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms? It is just the two of them. It is the home in which they will retire.
If it sound as though I am bragging, I apologize. It was not meant to be so. I actually have never lived with my mother since I was 5. I just wanted to share the excitement of finding these pictures on Google Earth.

All brick houses! Not a Cali thing! haha
ReplyDeleteReally cool pics and I enjoyed seeing them :)
Not bragging! It is cool, so cool in fact that I am going to try it on for size and attempt to do it myself. Although, I do not know if I can find the dingy old places I have lived... lol
ReplyDeleteLots of love,
Ryan
Heh. The last time I flew home to visit my parents, just as I was grabbing my bags from the car, I was immortalized on google streetview. ;-)
ReplyDeleteJC!
ReplyDeleteAm I the only one freaked out by the fact that Google Earth allows anyone to see street level photos of people's houses?!?!?
They better not have my relatives houses on that site!
-Dean