We all gathered at my Aunt's house on Christmas Eve night. Picture it...there were 10 adults (a few I would only classify as quasi-adults. That means they are of age, not necessarily maturity.) and 11 of my nieces and nephews running through the house. The oldest is 13, and the rest are all under age 8 or 9. It was crazy. The kids were running wild. Their parents (my cousins) were not controlling their kids. It was up to me to take control of them. You know me...the consummate teacher.
Once they were sat down and settled, only then were we able to enjoy dinner and the gift opening. Watching these kids open up their gifts justs makes my Christmas holiday. Their eyes just got huge and that is all I needed for this holiday.
I really have some of the cutest nieces and nephews in the world. Look below.
After we left my Aunt's home, my dad and brother came to my house for the night. I couldn't believe they decided to come up here for Christmas Day. We awoke this morning, and I found that money does actually grow on trees.
Yes, Santa didn't really know what to get me, so he left me a money tree. Thanks, Santa!
On the way to visit my mother, I pulled off on the road to see that there is one farmer in Tennessee that has WAY TOO MUCH TIME ON HIS HANDS!
Yes, those are all bails of hay. Only in Tennessee would I ever expect to see hay bails made to look like snowmen, Santa's sleigh, and a train. Honestly, this many does this for Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. I love driving by his house.
All in all, the Christmas was excellent. It was family drama-free, which is rare but wonderful.
Oh, and I just got an email from a friend offering me two tickets to the Chick-Fil-A Bowl in Atlanta, GA on New Year's Eve. Tennessee is playing Virginia Tech. My two favorite teams going after each other. Plus these are two of the most fan-enthused teams in college football. It should be an awesome game at the Georgia Dome. GO VOLS!













Lovely and cute indeed, nothing less!! ...and I want me one of those trees :D
ReplyDeleteAll the best seasonal wishes!
Love
Daniel
The money on trees is too cute!!! I love it!!!
ReplyDeleteMerry Christmas, buddy! Glad that yours was great!!! :)
That's not just any train..., That is Thomas the tank engine!
ReplyDeleteAnd where can I get one of those trees!!!!
Merry Christmas mate, sorry it was late, but glad you survived and had fun.
Octavius.