During the call, the director did tell me that my interview was great and that he could find no shortcomings. After talking with several people from the company today, we feel that the committee went with someone who was from that local area and more familiar with it. No problem with that. I would probably do the same thing. He went on to tell me that I was one of only four people interviewed from the 25 or so applicants for this one position. His words were "Only the top four were interviewed." That made me feel pretty good.
While on the phone, the director asked me if I would like to be considered for one of the other two positions that will be filled on Jan. 9. Are you kidding me? Of course I would like to be considered. (No, I did not state it that way. I was very professional about it all.)
So, as it stands at the end of 2009 I am not packing my bags just yet. However, I am hopeful that the first two weeks of 2010 will find me with a new job and a new place to live.
Still keeping the hope alive.
- JC
PS. Below is the song I have been listening to (yes, this version) today to keep spirits up.
(What do ya think MH, is it a OGT?)
I'm sorry to hear that you didn't get the job that you wanted, but I hope that you do get one of the others that you are interested in.
ReplyDeleteThat's a shame chap. Still you do have that fall back..., good luck for that.
ReplyDeleteOctavius.
Sorry to hear that. Good luck with the other openings!
ReplyDelete:::Hug:::
ReplyDeleteWhile it isn't much and I don't really know what to say being 1000s of miles away, other than I'm sorry, at least there are still 2 more chances! :)
Keep you head high man .... you were in the top four ... hoping for the best .... and here ... sorry I missed actually was fixing to im you ... and you left ... Love Lee ...
ReplyDeleteYou're really stellar to make it to the top four! Good luck with the other two openings!
ReplyDelete