There isn't really a specific holiday show that I must watch to make my holiday complete. However, there is one that I cannot stand to watch, and it is on all the time...A Christmas Story. This movie is a cult classic, and I understand that but I cannot watch it. I will go insane first!
2. What holiday character do you think you're most like?
Just call me Rudolph.
3. What holiday character does your spouse think you're most like?
Sorry, no spouse! Moving on...
4. Favorite Christmas/holiday song?
Mary Did You Know (Kenny Rogers and Wynonna Judd)
I am also partial to Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer since I learned the real story behind it. If you heard about why it was written, you would most certainly cry.
5. Most hated Christmas/holiday song?
12 Redneck Days of Christmas
6. If you have an all holiday music radio station when do you start listening to it?
It begins playing all holiday music on Black Friday. However, I begin playing holiday music in October.
7. If you have an all holiday music radio station do you love it or hate it?
Love it. I will actually go online and stream it into the classroom.
8. Have you ever wrapped yourself as a Christmas present?
No...is my mere presence enough of the gift?
9. Who is Rudolf The Red Nosed Reindeer's father?
Per the television movie, it is Donner
10. Do you drive your neighborhood or one near you at night to look at other people's holiday decorations?
It's been known to happen. We will also go to the Biltmore Estate in Asheville, NC to check out their Christmas decorations. It is incredible...especially the candlelight tours at night.
11. When you see a heavily decorated house do you think, 'oh that's lovely'? Or do you think, 'ohcriminy, that looks like Christmas threw up all over their lawn'?
It depends...it is tastefully decorated or done the Redneck way (throw it all out there on the lawn)?
12. Are you counting the days to Christmas with excited anticipation or dread?
Since it is this Friday, there is not much left to count, but I am definitely excited!
13. When was the last time you had your photo taken with Santa? Did you sit on his lap?
Have you met my dad? Every year is spent with "Santa." I no longer sit on his lap either.
14. Do you make a Christmas list for your spouse or significant other or do you rely on them to pick your gift(s) without a clue from you?
Cash is always good for me. Moving on...
15. When do you put up your tree?
I try to put my trees up before Thanksgiving week.
16. Real or fake?
This year they were all fake. From time to time I will put up a live one too.
17. When do you take your tree down?
Some time after the new year. Whenever I feel the need.
18. Do you shop the day after Christmas sales? What do you shop for?
Yes I do. I will shop for clothes and whatever else is on sale.
19. Is your work/office having a holiday party this year? Will you attend?
Our's was cancelled due to lackluster numbers.
20. Do you have your New Year's Eve Plans set yet?
Not yet. Don't even know which state I will be visiting yet. Will it be Michigan, North Carolina, New York, Tennessee? Who knows?
Based on some of those answers, we may need to rethink our encouragement for you to move close by us. Don't want that kind of influence on the kids. (Mary, did you know?!? Really????)
ReplyDeleteI didn't say I would be converting your children to become Southern Baptist. LOL!
ReplyDeleteYou love me and you know it, Mrs. Smarty-Pants.
See what you made me do...I have reverted back to middle-school name calling.
Awww you think I'm smart! :)
ReplyDeletePlease! Convert my kids! Take them with YOU to church so I can actually listen for once!