I cannot believe that it has been 10 days since I last blogged. It has been an insane time in life. Gonna try to catch everyone up. Here we go...
Dad's Surgery
Dad came out of surgery with no complications. He was kept overnight just to monitor his kidney functions. Everything came out perfectly. Dad went home the following day, and has been regaining his energy since then. Thanks to all who checked in during the past week. I appreciate the support.
Where Am I Today?
That is exactly the way I have been feeling for the past week and a half. I have been traveling around the state so much for every committee/organization to which I am committed. I put about 1500 miles on my car in the past week. Sadly, my driving days are not finished. I have got about another 1000 miles to go this week. The irony in all of this is that I am doing almost all of it in my home state. (Back and forth...back and forth!)
My Inspiration
The wonderful parts of the past ten days is the students I have been working with outside of school. I work with the premier youth organization in our state. (Those who know me will know which organization that would be.) I spent this past weekend in state committee meetings with 30 of the best high schoolers from across the state. These students are the representatives for all students across the state. We spent the weekend planning the two major state events for the year. Had an absolute blast.
MNJ - That was the reason I was in your area of the state last weekend.
All I have to do is to work with this group of students to know that I am where I should be in my career choices.
The Job Interview (Part 2)
For those of you who are still wondering, I am still teaching. The job prospect was put on hold for two months while the state union has been dealing with our state's special legislative session on education. A strong amount of education legislation was passed during the special session and we have all been left sorting it all out. So, the job I applied for was put on hold.
I got a voice mail yesterday from the state office. They were letting me know that I have a final round interview on Friday morning at 10:15 central time.
Tonight I got the chance to talk with the executive director, the assistant executive director, and several area coordinators while they were in town for a regional meeting. Each of them made it a point to ask me if I had gotten a phone call for my interview. That made me feel pretty good. I was also told, off the record, that my chances are great. I was also told I had support from a number of the members on the interview committee. I know I am one of only three being interviewed in the final round.
Keep me in your thoughts and prayers. Cross your fingers. Whatever it takes!
Exhaustion
Well, as this subtitle says, I am utterly exhausted. I about fell asleep during our regional meeting today. Felt guilty. Perhaps I should go to bed early...YEAH RIGHT!
I hope everyone is doing well. Will catch up more later. Have so much more to say, just need to find the time.
Take care,
- JC
Joey!
ReplyDeleteI'm happy to hear your dad made it through the surgery okay!
I think it's a good thing that the potential new job got pushed back a couple months.
Remember you were concerned about leaving your class behind? Well, this way by the time the job finally opens up, the school year will have just ended.
Maybe it's all for the best!
My thoughts are with you and your family!
-Dean
10 days? It felt longer than that! I'm glad that the surgery went well and that you're still flying high!
ReplyDelete