March 6, 2010

Spring Awakening and Job Report

I am sooooooooo tired!

Jenny and I have just returned from seeing Spring Awakening on its national tour. Right now it is in Durham, NC at the Durham Performing Arts Center.

First of all, DPAC is one of the most beautiful theaters in the South...if not in the country. It is only one year old, and I enjoy it every time we go there.

Okay, so here is the low-down on my thoughts of the national tour version as opposed to the Broadway version. Personally, I have fallen in love again with Spring Awakening. When I saw it on Broadway back in 2008, I knew I would never get enough of it. Seeing it again tonight brought back the same emotions. As predicted, I sang every word to every single song in the musical. At one point, the woman sitting to my left was looking at me while I was singing. I just looked at her, smiled a huge grin, and continued on in my singing.

Jenny did an awesome job getting the seats for this performance. We had third row center on the first balcony. (Pictures are coming when I get home.) Our spot allowed for optimal viewing of the show. I have to say, though, I don't remember seeing the bare breast of Wendla or so much of the bare bottom of Melchior in the Broadway version. I was a bit taken back, but it only added to the authenticity of the show.

I will have to report more specifics later when I am more awake and lucid.

I have to also add a message to David...

1. You have a birthday this week.
2. You decided to go to Utah for your birthday, and you missed an awesome show.
3. I know you are dying to see Spring Awakening.
4. So, I decided to get you a little something from the show for your birthday.

Yes, David, I am serious. I got you just a small token from the show...nothing grand. Email me and we can work it out to get it sent to you. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

--------------------------------------------------

On to the job report:

I have been waiting all day (and I mean all friggin' day) to hear about this job I interviewed for this week. The Board of Directors began their meeting last night from 7 - midnight. The have resumed their meeting today...all day and night. I had not heard a word before the start of Spring Awakening. I decided to text by friend who sits on the Board about 7:45. She finally texts me back around 9:00 saying that the board was still meeting, and that they had not gotten to the hiring portion of the agenda. So, I am sad to say that I have heard NOTHING yet. I will most definitely hear something on Sunday. I will keep you posted. Thanks to everyone for the positive thoughts, prayers, etc. 

Well, I am off to bed. I am exhausted, and I feel a migraine setting in. So I will get to bed to try and head off the migraine. Hope everyone is doing well. Talk to you all soon. 

- JC

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like an awesome time and the pic I saw was great!!! Thanks!!! Enjoyed seeing the view!

    As for that marathon meeting that is just crazy- hope you hear something soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of luck with the job. Hope the migraine subsides.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All I can say is "SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

    ReplyDelete