March 5, 2010
Today Could Be the First Day of...
In about an hour I will be leaving the hotel to start my final interview for this job. I will find out this weekend if I have it. I am nervous and excited. I hate waiting, and I have been waiting for 3 months.
I don't believe I posted this in my last post, and if I have then please forgive me.
On Wednesday night, about 9:30, I received a phone call from the assistant director of the company. He was calling to talk with me about the interview on Friday. He was giving me background information about the area of the state that I would be supervising if I got the job. He also was giving me pointers on what to say during the interview. He was actually trying to help me prepare for the interview with his company.
Is this normal? Do perspective employers actually call their perspective employees to help them get the job?
I was surprised by this outreach and impressed at the same time. What does all this mean? Does this mean they want me to get the job? I hope so.
To clarify, there is an interview committee that will make a recommendation to the board of directors. Only the board of directors can make this hiring decision. The board will meet on Saturday, and the job decision is on their agenda. I have a close friend on the board who will text or call me after vote on Saturday. Potentially, I will be out on the town enjoying myself when the call comes in for me. I hope so.
Well, wish me luck. It will be an hour-long interview followed by a 30-minute writing prompt. Ugh! It's a good thing that my BBA (Bachelors of Business Administration) is in BS (you can figure that one out). I can write all day...obviously.
Take care and talk to each of you soon.
- JC
**If only my interview were as simple as the IKEA interview shown above. I can assemble like it's no one's business.**
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Good luck! Break a leg!
ReplyDeleteGood luck. I've never heard of an employer calling to help you before the interview. I think that it's a very good sign.
ReplyDeleteGood luck!!!
ReplyDelete