March 14, 2010

Over the Mountains

It is no secret that I am a huge fan of Scott Alan's music. This past week he posted a video of Stuart Matthew Price singing one of Scott's newest songs, called "Over the Mountains." 


As usual, I am blown away by the music, the lyrics, and the passion in the song. 


Below is the video and the lyrics. (At least, I hope I got the lyrics correct...sorry Scott!)



Here in this home
Here in this mess I have made
I am sure of whom I was believed to be
But as much as I have prayed
Nothing’s changed

I lived in lies
That claimed the ending of my youth
Now I fight to take my place here in this world
And I won’t return
Until I finally do

Over the mountains
They say a man stands for dignity
I’ll fight my battles troop I find my truth
Erasing the static and all this commotion
My family’s now the soldiers in my troop

My life is packed
Don’t know exactly what waits for me
Where the way I see the world around me change
Where my childhood died
A distant memory

I will stay brave
I’ll leave with thoughts that went unsaid
Of the concerns that I may never be returned
That the battlefield may be my home instead

Over the mountains
They say a man fights for freedom
A soldier’s not a boy there anymore
We’ll leave behind our families
To protect them from our enemies
And join a brotherhood fighting in war

I will be cautious, but I will thrive
I will do anything just to stay alive……………

Over the mountains
I will fight for freedom
When I return I will not be who I was before
I leave behind a family
Hide behind my identity
To join a brotherhood fighting this war

Oh.................

My country tis of thee
Sweet land of liberty
Of thee I say....

I won’t be silent
I will be changed
I’ll make you proud
You will be proud
Over the mountains
Over the mountains

No comments:

Post a Comment