October 30, 2009

My 50th Post (My 50 Wishes)

I cannot believe that I have been on this thing long enough to have a 50th post. I never thought I had enough material in my head to make 50 postings.

To celebrate I thought I would try something different. I want to post 50 things I wish for in this life.

1.  I wish for all my students to be successful in their lives.
2.  I wish to find someone to fulfill my life in ways I could never imagine.
3.  I wish I had the nerve to audition for the theatre.
4.  I wish I could visit Rome and the Vatican again.



5.  I wish to someday have kids of my own.
6.  I wish to keep the hair on my head (and keep it from going grey would be a bonus, too).
7.  I wish I had some sort of artistic ability.
8.  I wish to meet musical composer Scott Alan. (I have never heard music with such passion behind it.)

(Starts at 0:40)
9.  I wish I knew what the future held for me.
10.  I wish that my friends and family can find peace in their lives.
11.  I wish my father would finally marry his long-time girlfriend. She is awesome.
12.  I wish I could better express my feeling to my friends and family instead of hiding them.
13.  I wish I could have been a pediatric oncologist.
14.  I wish scientists could find cures for AIDS, cancer, alzheimers, and the common cold.
15.  I wish I had an apartment in downtown Manhattan.
16.  I wish that I didn't have such commitment issues.
17.  I wish I could play the piano.
18.  I wish I could paint like Van Gogh.



19.  I wish my sister would get her GED and get her life on track.
20.  I wish I could just hop on a plane and see the world.
21.  I wish I had the winning ticket for the Mega-Millions jackpot.
22.  I wish I could figure out my career path. Where am I being led?
23.  I wish that I could get tickets to see Josh Groban in concert. (truly incredible)
24.  I often wish I could have had the relationship with my mother that my friends have had with theirs.
25.  I wish my grandmother was still alive. I miss her all the time.
26.  I wish that the University of Tennessee Vols will come back to the glory they deserve!



27.  I wish my good friend L could find a job and, at last, happiness again.
28.  I wish my closest friends didn't live so far away.
29.  I wish I could have stayed in college forever.
30.  I wish parents would quit making excuses, and instead work to help their child succeed.
31.  I wish I could have known Benazir Bhutto.



32.  I wish I could perform in a musical like Rent, Spring Awakening, Bare, etc.
33.  I wish to someday be a public official in our government. (governor or senator????)
34.  I wish I could make a decision on a car to purchase.



35.  I wish to see, camp in, and hike through the Grand Canyon.
36.  I wish the voices in my head would all make the same decision.
37.  I wish I wasn't so self-conscious.
38.  I wish that I didn't have to teach my students to be test-takers all the time instead of free-thinkers.
39.  I wish I could walk the entire Appalachian Trail someday.



40.  I wish to lose the rest of the weight I have worked so hard to get off of me.
41.  I wish I could sit down to dinner with Franklin & Eleanor Roosevelt, Ben Franklin, and Ghandi.
42.  I wish I could spare all my students the pain they may feel as a child.
43.  I wish teachers would get paid more like professional athletes. (We deserve it, dang it!)
44.  I wish to run a 1/2 marathon by this time next year.
45.  I wish we all could just get along.
46.  I wish I had more nerve to get up and sing in front of a crowd.
47.  I wish I didn't feel the need to hide my true identity on this blog
48.  I wish I could mend a couple of the friendships I have lost over the years.
49.  I wish I had all the answers.
50.  I think Rascal Flatts said it best in the video below!


Whew, this took me a long while to complete. Who knew that trying to list 50 wishes would take such effort?

Anyhow, I want to thank each and every one of you for reading (what often times seems like) my crazy thoughts, for your support, and ultimately for your friendship. If I could truly express what the friendships mean to me... Thank you for your willingness to accompany me through my journey. I will hopefully be able to repay it all back and to pay it forward.

Here's to whatever the future holds for all of us.
- JC


3 comments:

  1. 51. I wish you the best. Congratulations to your (first) 50!!

    Love
    D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats ... you have some damn good wishes. I did coughs on the line I will hopefully be able to repay it all back and to pay it forward. yea.... will J.C. ... I think I owe you still ... so cant wait until the future... Cheers Man....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's to 50 or 500 more!!! :)

    ReplyDelete