October 18, 2009

Hiking

My preferred choice of exercise is HIKING.

I am fortunate to live in an area of the country that is very mountainous. There is nothing like going for a hike through the mountains for several hours. That's right, I said HOURS! I enjoy going hiking even more when I am alone. I just have some me time. When I am stressed out and feel I can take no more, I will hop in the car and head straight for the Appalachian Trail.

Because of a knee injury I sustained this year, my hiking trips have become less frequent. When I do go, I don't get to go too far because the knee will start to give out or throb. Dang it, I feel like an old man. Doctors are talking surgery which I am not happy about. I have been fortunate in my life to not have any broken bones or any surgeries. We will see, but I need to get this done ASAP.

Anyway, the real purpose of this post was to show you some pictures I took during one of my hiking excursions through the Appalachian Trail. That day I hiked for well over 3 hours. I lost track of time. You will see why when you look at the pictures.









Can you see why I choose to hike in the Appalachians? The incredible beauty and perfection is awe inspiring.

Makes me want to get in the car and head that way right now. Alas, I have entirely too much work to do before our next quarter begins tomorrow. I will be restricted to walking at one of our city parks for a while today. Maybe I will just head to the gym instead. Oh well!

Have a great day!
- JC

4 comments:

  1. wow it looks so nice! Growing up we used to do a lot of camping up there and also along Skyline Drive in VA and various spots along the Shenandoah Valley ... definitely awe-inspiring country

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love hiking too. However, the Appalachians have nothing on the Rockies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't like hiking, but I can do it. I can go for a while, too, which is amazing given my fatness. I'm sure people are always surprised: "you scaled 5000 ft in a day?"

    But I do like being with friends when I hike, so I put up with it for them. :P

    Take care of the knee....please.

    ReplyDelete