October 4, 2009

101 Facts About Me


 
Inspired by Dan's 100 Facts, I decided to give it shot of my own. Let me just say that it took me an entire day (on and off) to complete this list. Whew!
  1. I am the oldest child in the family, even among all my cousins.
  2. I was raised on country music.
  3. I don't have any plants in my house. I can't even keep a plastic plant alive.
  4. I have a bad habit of rearranging my living room and bedroom furniture several times each year.
  5. I used to dance on national television.
  6. I am the only registered Democrat in my uber-conservative family.
  7. My favorite word is aquiesce.
  8. My favorite color is red.
  9. My parents divorced when I was 5 years old. I could not even discuss it with anyone until I was 16.
  10. Because of all the divorces in my family, I have some serious commitment issues when it comes to relationships.
  11. I sleep about 4 hours each night.
  12. I consider sleeping past 7AM as sleeping late.
  13. I hate most vegetables.
  14. The only vegetables I will eat are potatoes, green breans, corn, and maybe a few more.
  15. I love fruit...especially strawberries, peaches, and concord grapes.
  16. I cannot watch Extreme Makeover : Home Edition because they try to make you cry at the end of every episode.
  17. I have not cried in about 4 years, since the death of my grandmother.
  18. When I was in 3rd grade, my dog bit off the back part of my right leg/calf. The doctors just cleaned and bandaged it. There was nothing else they could do. It had to grow back. Now I have this oval shaped area on my calf that looks translucent.
  19. I have one tattoo and swore I would never get another one. Now I find myself constantly thinking about getting one.
  20. One of my goals this year is to go sky diving. LOOK OUT BELOW!
  21. I am a middle school teacher. I work with pubescent and pre-pubescent teenagers everyday.
  22. Because of my chosen career, I crave adult conversation but rarely get it.
  23. I live alone.
  24. I have not seen or heard from my mother's side of the family in 20+ years. I would not know them if they came to my front door.
  25. I love to go hiking in the Appalachian mountains.
  26. My friends and I love to go play miniature golf. I am honestly surprised that we have never gotten kicked out before...long story!
  27. I am one of the few people in my family to graduate high school. I am the only one to go to college, little on get a master's degree.
  28. I am an over-achiever.
  29. I have a craving to ride as many roller coasters has humanly possible without getting sick. 
  30. I was a drum major in high school. It explains my ability to yell loudly!
  31. As a child, I hated reading. Now I find myself obsessed with biographies.
  32. Tonight, I will have finished reading "The Meaning of Matthew." It is written about Matthew Shepard by his mother, Judy Shepard. I have not been able to put it down. 
  33. I drive a yellow SUV. It is impossible to go anywhere without being seen. 
  34. I love to go to music concerts. Some of my most recent are Rascal Flatts & Taylor Swift, Gavin DeGraw, Sugarland, Little Big Town, Kelly Clarkson, etc. 
  35. I am a die-hard University of Tennessee Volunteers fan. My blood runneth orange. 
  36. My favorite country to have ever visited was Italy. Love the food, love the people. 
  37. I used to think that I wanted a houseful of children to raise. Now, I don't know if I ever will have kids. 
  38. I have worked at a summer camp every year for the past 12 years. 
  39. Even thinking about the sound of nails on a chalkboard causes me to kringe. 
  40. I have very sensitive hearing. It really freaks out my students. I hear almost everything. 
  41. I miss the old Saturday cartoons. (ThunderCats, Smurfs, M.A.S.K.S., He-man, GI Joe, Bionic Six)
  42. I am a true workaholic.
  43. I prefer to live and visit large cities. There is always something to do and a variety of people.
  44. I miss my undergraduate days at college. I miss the nights of sneaking out the 3rd floor library window to sit on top of the library to study for hours with friends.  
  45. I have only been passed out drunk one time in life. Learning of the pictures of me that were taken later were all I needed to know about to keep me from ever doing that again. 
  46. I have been told I am a huge flirt when I have had a few drinks...even worse than I normally am. 
  47. My favorite food is Curry Chicken and rice. 
  48. My biggest pet peaves are laziness and disrespect. (And, yes, I still teach middle school.)
  49. The longest relationship I ever had was for 2 years. It was with Abby B. We were boyfriend/girlfriend in 2nd and 3rd grade.
  50. My favorite pizza is the White Pizza. The best white pizza I have ever found was in New York City, at this pizza shop in Times Square.
  51. In 2003 I visited Ground Zero in NYC. While there, I met a man who was holding on to the fence and sobbing nonstop. We approached and talked with him. Turns out that his wife was a flight attendant on one of the planes that struck the towers on 9/11. She was a beautiful lady.
  52. If I was not a teacher, I would like to have been a pediatric oncologist.
  53. I have never broken a single bone in my body.
  54. The only surgical procedure I have ever had to go through was an endoscopy. They had to stick this camera down my throat to find the piece of steak that got stuck between my larnyx and my esophagus.
  55. I am scared of spiders. I have no problem with snakes.
  56. I hate tomatoes but love ketchup.
  57. I voted for Hillary!
  58. After I completed my masters degree in education, I almost went back to school to get a degree in theatre. I had reapplied and registered for classes, but chickened out the week before school began. (Yes, I do regret it!)
  59. My paternal grandmother was the greatest woman I knew. She was also the only person I know who could flip off a baptist minister and he still loved coming to visit her.
  60. I love to play beach volleyball.
  61. I would rather fly somewhere than to drive.
  62. If we have to travel by car, I am the one to drive. I am a bad passanger.
  63. I was the runner-up in the school-wide spelling bee when I was in the 1st grade. I lost out to a 6th grader. The word that got me...CONDUCTOR. (I spelled it conductEr.)
  64. I am preparing to buy a bicycle so that I can train and ride in the 5 Boro Bike Tour in NYC. It is a 42-mile bike ride through all 5 boroughs of New York City. 
  65. I love to go to hockey games. There is nothing like watching the fights. I don't condone violence, but I love it! 
  66. I have stood on the Beaches of Normandy. It was extremely peaceful, and the only reminder of D-Day was a giant monument placed there. I will never forget it. 
  67. I have seen the mistake on the 2nd Inaugural address carved into the wall on the Lincoln Memorial. You have to look hard. 
  68. My shoe size is 13.
  69. I hate to have my feet confined, so I typically wear sandals or flip-flops.
  70. I like to go camping, but can never find friends to go with me.
  71. My students have actually put me on their church's prayer list so that I would find a date.
  72. All the girls I ever dated have since gotten married. I was a participant in two of them.
  73. I have no artistic ability.
  74. I sing in the shower every day. It has great acoustics.
  75. I don't care for horror movies. I prefer dramas and comedies.
  76. I have seen every episode of Dawsons Creek.
  77. I hate that ABC family cancelled Kyle XY.
  78. In my opinion, the beaches of St. John, USVI, is Heaven on Earth. I want to go back SOON!
  79. I have met President Bill Clinton. He is an incredible speaker.
  80. I have a bad habit of biting my fingernails. I cannot stop.
  81. I have some definite self-esteem issues.
  82. At one point in my life, I had 10 grandparents. (Go ahead...do the math!)
  83. I have no problem playing Dance Dance Revolution against my students and putting them to SHAME!
  84. In my classroom, I have a collection of over 80 rubber ducks.
  85. In my kitchen, I have over 100 shot glasses lining my cabinets. The irony of it all is that only 2 of them have ever been used.
  86. My favorite TV shows are Brothers and Sisters, Glee, Heroes, and American Idol.
  87. I no longer drink anything but water, milk, and some juices. (No caffiene!)
  88. I can play the trumpet.
  89. I can testify to the fact that you should NEVER pee on an electric fence. *OUCH*
  90. I used to teach line dancing.
  91. My current favorite song to listen to on my iPod: Conway Twitty - That's My Job
  92. I hate licorice.
  93. I love the smell of laundry fresh from the washer machine.
  94. Got to see Spring Awakening on Broadway with the original Broadway cast. I will get to see it again this spring when it comes to NC.
  95. I used to believe that I was adopted. If you met my family you would understand why.
  96. I hate how the Dixie Chicks were treated because they chose to use their right to FREE SPEECH! The Dixie Chicks rock.
  97. I didn't really know, or have a relationship with my mother until I was 18.
  98. I truly cannot go anywhere without seeing someone I know. (I was in Washington DC's Smithsonian Air and Space Museum and ran into my assistant principal. I saw a guy I went to high school with in Times Square, NYC. Saw a former student while I was staying at a hotel in Atlanta, GA.)
  99. I want to visit India!
  100. I wonder if I will always be alone.
  101. I AM EXCITED TO SAY THAT I MADE IT TO 101!

7 comments:

  1. I read through the entiiiiire thing! I'm rather disappointed with your taste in music, BUT I wouldn't mind seeing Kelly Clarkson. I'm totally going to start mine this week.

    Btw, this word confirmation thing makes it waaay difficult to post a comment on here! (the text box that allows me to type the word gets cut off... it can be fixed by pushing "tab" if anyone else is curious)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Evan,

    Disappointed in my tastes in music? Well, if it is any consolation you just saw the concerts I have been to lately. Keep in mind that we don't typically get a lot of other concert acts in our area. My tastes in music are actually pretty diverse.

    As for the word certification, I am going to try and fix it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As far as music goes..., it is always a case of "Each to their own". I still enjoyed the list, though #101, was totally cheating!

    Octavius.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun list!!!

    #11. How do you do that?
    #15-16. I don't eat enough.
    #29. I've never gotten sick on one. You should see Knotts/6 Flags... funt imes...
    #40. I prefer to tune out my students and pretend I didn't hear that.
    #55. Snakes scare me to death. We had one get into the house last Sunday morning. Scary stuff. The snake was a little more than a pencil length and maybe as round as a breadstick. Went through the screen door.
    #68. Mine too, remember next time you're out buying shoes, as you know how much I love shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read all 101, many things you did I will love to do it, and we share the 76 dawsons creek , even if I don't know if I watched all the episodes, far away but close in tv shows preferences.
    nabil

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just found your blog, enjoying it and this is the perfect post to learn a little something about you, thanks for that! I can't believe you can function on just four hours sleep (how shallow of me to have this be one of the items that I remember the most lol). Have a good week JC.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG! I just found your blog and started reading it... Impressive! How come you were a dancer? I am a dancer too (well I used to be), I did jazz and nicaraguan dances (I am Nicaraguan)... I also love Glee, Brothers and sisters (too bad it got cancelled) and Dawson's Creek... Uff, If I were in the US and was able to vote for the democratic nominee in the 2008 elections I would had definetly voted for Hillary!!! And well there are several things we are alike, I would have to write my own list ;-D... and last but not least I am gay too! LOL! Hope you get to see this message... Amazing blog by the way!!!

    ReplyDelete