November 25, 2009

Yes, those were tears...

I am going to hate to admit this...

Tonight I was watching Glee (no, that is not the confession). This episode had some phenominal scenes in it. Since it is too early to get the videos from youtube or anywhere else, I am going to post the songs.

The first song is Imagine. It was originally sung by John Lennon. I have loved this song for years. In this episode of Glee, the Glee kids were watching a group from a school of the deaf perform this song in sign language. Moved by the simplicity of the performance (sign language and one of the deaf kids speaking the lyrics) Mercedes breaks out into song and joins the group. The rest of the Glee kids followed. It led to one of the most incredible moments of the season. I actually had tears in my eyes. In a word...POWERFUL!



The last scene tonight was of the entire Glee club sitting on stools (no theatrics or choreography) singing "True Colors," made famous by Cyndi Lauper. It is another of my favorite songs of all time. What I loved most is that the lead singer in this version was Tina. She has very low self-confidence in the show, and we rarely get to see her shine in song. This was all her. Again, I got tears in my eyes.

I am such a sap!


3 comments:

  1. I love that show but haven't watched tonight's episode ... maybe tomorrow

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great songs..... funny Imagine is one of my all time favorites and almost posted it tonight in my post ... my son loves it too ... Dont know why he only heard it nightly as a infant. Hope You Have a Great Thankgiving Joe .... Love Lee

    ReplyDelete
  3. What I love about the show is its appeal to such a broad audience, because each of us can see some facet of our personalities in the students.

    ReplyDelete