November 18, 2009

Job Search Update

Just wanted to write a quick note to share the news on the job hunt thus far.

Today one of my colleagues (and former teammate) stopped me after our faculty meeting to let me know that the company I applied to this past weekend has sent her a letter as a request for a reference.




I was shocked to hear of how sudden and how quick they are moving on my application. The posting for the position does not even close until December 3. I am taking that as a wondeful sign that they are interested. It made my day.

Thought I would share that with you. Thanks to everyone for the words of support.

I wanted to send a special shout out to MNJ and MH. Thanks for sending the messages and sending the plans for life. You two rock!

More news as I learn it myself!
- JC

7 comments:

  1. WOW! That was fast!!! Sounds like they really want you :-)

    ~~Good luck!!!~~~

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is good news, and quite encouraging. Though the pessimist in me says "Don't count your eggs until they are in the pudding Mr Callomy!"

    All in all though, good luck and all the best.

    Octavius.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! You gotta tell me more about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Coolness bud. I too hope you get it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Octavius -

    Don't worry! I am not counting all my chickens before they hatch. The cautious part of me is saying to take it one day at a time, which I am more than happy to do.

    At the same time, the optimist in me is jumping for joy. After the day I had on Wednesday, that bit of good news was all I needed to forget the rest.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete