November 28, 2009

Cannot Think of a Title for This...So, Here It Is

Today has been an insane day. I got up late (as in 9 AM...believe me when I say that is late.) I got a shower, got dressed, and then got busy with house chores. 


- Changed the sheets on all the beds. I live alone...why did I change all the sheets? 
- Cleaned the kitchen and the bathroom.
- Rearranged furniture in the living room to make room for the Christmas Tree
- Ran some laundry
- Ran to check the mail
- Checked some email


**Took a short break**


Then it was time to finally focus on getting my Christmas trees up. Yep, I mentioned the plural TREES. I have 4 trees in storage, but I was in no way going to put all of them up. I decided that I would put up two of them: the 7 1/2 foot slim pre-lit tree and my 6 1/2 white tree (known as my "Travel Tree").


I assembled the 7 1/2 foot tree first since it was going in the living room. It is a pre-lit tree, but it takes a considerable amount of time to arrange all 800+ limbs. Finally get it to look right and then plugged it into the wall. To my shock and dismay the entire midsection of  the tree was not lit. I went limb by limb trying to find the problem, but to no avail. So, I had to regroup. Luckily I have another 7 1/2 foot tree, but it is a full sized width...much bigger. It takes longer to put together, but it does completely light up. Actually I like this tree so much better.


I got the ornaments put on the big living room tree and decided to move on to my white tree. When I opened the box, I discovered that the tree was no longer pure white. It is now a darker cream color. I didn't know what to think, but I decided to go ahead and put it up in my dining room. I have 600 blue lights on white wire to put on this tree. Imagine my disgust when 300 of the lights do not work. I knew I had another 400 of them somewhere in the house, but I could not find them. I was left with the task of going out to find these lights. 


Now, finding blue lights on a white wire is harder than one might think. I ended up at Lowes, Target, and Wal-Mart trying to track them down. I finally found them at Wal-Mart. (Ugh!) While I was there I saw a white tree that caught my eye. I ended up buying a new white tree that was, well, WHITE. 


I got home and dismantled the old white tree and the 600 lights I had put on it. I then had to put up this new tree. It took a while. Evidently the new trees have many more branches to arrange, and I mean a lot! Finally got the tree up and decorated. 


In all, I assembled 4 trees throughout the day, dismantled 2, put on 1200 lights on trees, and decorated 2 of them. It took 6 hours from the time I began dealing with the trees today. Good grief! But, I am happy with the results. (Will post pics soon.)


-----------------------------------------------------------------


As I have mentioned before, the way I deal with my emotions is to keep myself so busy that I ignore the emotion in hopes of it subsiding. Hey, old habits die hard! Today was no exception. I spent countless hours today cleaning house, moving furniture, re-alphabetizing my DVD collection (OCD, remember?), and putting up trees. All in all, I was able to avoid my emotions today. 


Now that I have settled down for the night, I find these emotions stirring back up. There is a sadness today I am feeling out of sheer loneliness. I love the fact that I live alone. It definitely has its perks. At the same time, I find myself more and more wishing I had someone to share this 3 bedroom house with at this point in life. 


I was hoping to catch a friend online today to talk, but we constantly seem to miss each other on here. Yes I completely understand that we all lead busy lives, so I am not complaining about that. I just really needed someone to talk to that can identify with this loneliness. Heck, I would just accept being able to talk to help just get over these feelings tonight. 


I love my family, but I cannot talk to them about this. I can't talk to them about how I want to have a relationship and share my life. In fact, I don't really discuss any of this with the fam. They think I am doing just fine, and I am most of the time. 


Now, more than ever, I am ready to get out of this town for good. There really is not much for me here anymore. I have no family here (and I am grateful for that fact). All of my true and closest friends live away from here now. I am somewhere that finds me hiding a portion of my life because I fear intolerance and the repercussions it could bring. 


I want to move somewhere that I can start anew. Live my life as who I really am. I want to start anew so I no longer have to hide. 


I am continually praying for such a change. I pray that the job I have applied for will pan out. I will hear about an interview in about two weeks. The board will vote on a candidate during the first two weeks of January. If all works out, I will be out of here by February. This is the hope I am needing right now to sustain me. 


------------------------------------------------------------------







I think I will stop here. I don't know where I was going with all of this. I just needed to get that off my chest. 


Perhaps I will hit up a friend to talk about what's been going on in life. 


Hope everyone is doing well. 


- JC

6 comments:

  1. Hey Joe .... hang in there my friend

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you had to crash like that at the end of all the holiday frivolity ... I find it ironic that for many of us, lurking just underneath the happy veneer of holiday cheer is a whole different mood and state of mind ... take care

    ReplyDelete
  3. I almost always have yahoo on, and I do always have msn on, sometimes in stealth mode, but it is still on. I do this in the hope that I will get to talk to you. I am almost always here buddy, if you need to chat, hit me up.

    Octavius.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have a white tree also and the white wire is so difficult to find. It took us 2 years to accumulate enough lights for it. Do you notice though, that the white wire lights tend to look really red where your Christmas trees look like they're on fire because there are so many red lights? LOL

    I want to put up our tree, but it is so much work. We've been lazy and used a 3 foot or so green tree in the past few years.

    Can't wait to see your trees!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope your Sunday goes well. I totally understand the organizing/alphabetizing....omg! lol...

    Anyways, lots of love and a big HUG!!!!

    Ryan

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you know that you CAN call me, if you need to!

    ReplyDelete