June 2, 2010

Summer Reading List

I have been spending a number of gift cards I have received from my students for the end-of-year gifts. I had a few of them to Barnes & Noble and Books-a-Million. Now I have a summer reading list. Below are some of the books I found. 

- If You Don't Feed the Teachers They Eat the Students
- 501 Tips for Teaching : Kid-Tested Ideas, Strategies, and Inspirations
- Saint Francis of Assisi : His Essential Wisdom
- New Orleans 2010 (Travel guide from Fodor's)
- The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society
- Under the Same Sky
- Distant Waves : A Novel of the Titanic
- The Encyclopedia of Immaturity (volumes I & II)
- Same Kind of Different As Me
- Life of Pi
- The Collected Poems of Emily Dickinson
- Lost Worlds : the Romans
- God Thinks You're Wonderful (cute little kids book by Max Lucado)

Do I think I can realistically get through all of these books over the course of the summer? No, but I can sure try. I read 4 books at a time. It is the ADD in me. Some of these books are also collections or really short as well. I am sure going to get through as much as I can possibly can. 

Would love to hear anyone's opinions on some of these books if you have read them. 

Later!

3 comments:

  1. ummm. . . (blank stare) still trying to work through the second read of the book that is currently changing my life. Basically there is no other book in existence. Hope you enjoy your reads!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not read any of these books :(

    But if you read two a week, you could get it done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Life of Pi was great! Read that one first :-)

    ReplyDelete