June 28, 2010

Postcard

Today I received a postcard from the other side of the world!


Nabil, a fellow blogger from Algeria sent me this postcard. He was attending the World Cup in South Africa and offered to send me a postcard from there. It was a grand gesture, and it made my day to get something in the mail from the other end of this planet.

Thanks, Nabil! You are a great friend.

Also, I have to add that I am infatuated by the stamp. It is in the shape of a parallelogram (oh, good grief...it is the mathematics teacher in me coming out to play!); some would say it is a rhombus. Traditionally, stamps are rectangular in shape. It is just something different that catches my eye.

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome Nabil got to see the World Cup in person. That stamp is pretty cool, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy to know that finally you received it, the one that I sent at home in AlGERIA did not arrived yet.

    ReplyDelete