June 4, 2010

I awoke this morning at 6AM, packed my suitcase, and by 7AM I was out the door! I had a 6 - 7 hour drive to get to Topsail Island for the wedding of my friend Lynne. I am so impressed that I made the drive without the need to stop for a nap. Driving tends to relax me, so the fact I did not doze off was wonderful.

The wedding was very small, on the beach just outside their beach house. The ceremony was beautiful. Lynne looked gorgeous. It was a perfect setting for a beach wedding.

After the ceremony and the reception, several of us changed into our bathing suits and went for a walk along the beach. We walked for well over an hour. It was incredible. It was crazy to see all of the baby sand crabs washing out to sea. Freaked me out at first, but then I just got past it.

Sunset on the beach was breathtaking.

To be totally honest, I saw God's beauty today. I actually teared up a bit as I just sat in awe and listened to the waves crashing constantly. Words cannot describe....

Below are just a few of the pictures I snapped from my cell phone.









3 comments:

  1. East coast beaches are simply beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice. I love it. Just did a little walking in Muir Woods myself. I'm not sure I see it as God's beauty per se, but it is a beautiful world we live in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Something we tend to forget is that the life force that is in all of us- the light of Christ- is unfettered in nature. It is pure spirit. So glad you had such a memorable day.

    ReplyDelete