June 13, 2010

Ian's MEME Questions!

I am cleaning house, doing mounds of laundry, and packing for my three trips this week. Decided to take a break for a few and relax while listening to the huge thunderstorm passing by. (I love thunderstorms!)

During my break, I decided to log onto Blogger. I was checking out my friend Ian's site. (http://ianjosephbrook.blogspot.com) His post today is his long missed MEME segments.

In his honor, I thought I would post the same questions.

You rock, Ian!

1. You’re building your dream house. What’s the one thing that this house absolutely, positively MUST HAVE? (other than the obvious basics of course)
A swimming pool. As a child, I grew up in a house that had a pool. All the neighborhood kids would come over each day and swim during the summer. It is the perfect way for a kid to grow up...surrounded by other kids his age. 

As an adult, I still love getting into a pool and feeling the freedom that only being in water can provide. There is a sense of weightlessness there. I can swim for hours on end. Just give me my pool. 

Heck, if I decide to live in the city one day, I will hopefully find a place with a rooftop pool. 






2. What is your dream car?
Cadillac CTS


3. What is your favorite website that isn’t a blog?

I admit it...I am a Facebooker! Have to stay connected to my peeps! 

If I had to pick another besides Facebook, it would easily be CNN.com. I have to keep in the know! 





4. iPhone 4 or Droid, which do you want? 

Sorry, Mikey! 
I am getting the Droid Incredible in a few weeks.



5. When you’re feeling down or lonely or just generally out of sorts, what do you do to cheer yourself up? 

I go hiking in the Appalachian Mountains. It is a place where I can go, be alone, clear my head, have a talk with God if I need one, and just chill out. 


6. Tell me about something or someone that you love that most people seem to hate. 

Most people I know around here seem to hate to fly. Seriously, I love it. There is nothing like getting about the clouds at dusk and seeing the sun on one side of the plane and the moon on the other side. 
 
7. What do you want to be when you grow up? 


I don't want to grow up. I'm a Toys R Us kid

I always wanted to be a pediatric oncologist. 
Specifically, I wanted to work for St. Jude. 




8. Would you go on a reality show if given the chance? 

I actually applied to be on the Real World several years ago. I have always been obsessed! 


9. Who was your favorite teacher when you were growing up. (Grade school, Middle School, Jr. High or High School only.) 

Easily, Mrs. Horner, 8th grade Honors Algebra. Never would you find a boring day in her class. She made every topic as fun as she could dream. She was also one of the most caring teachers I ever met. On the first day of school, she gave every student her home phone number. We were required to call her if we had homework questions. I used that number on numerous occasions when I needed help. She was always there to provide assistance, or she would most certainly call you back when she got home. She was selfless in her efforts to help each and every student. When I became a teacher, the first thing I did was give my students my number to call when they needed help. It has been the best piece of advice I have ever gotten from her. 

And, YES, her phone number is still the same. I call her from time to time just to catch up.





10. You get one pass to do something illegal or immoral. What are you gonna do? 

Base jump off the Empire State Building??? It is illegal, and I have always wanted to try base jumping!



11. What were you doing 10 years ago? 

Running around university's campus like a maniac. You all know me...I was involved in so many organizations and my fraternity. Actually, that year I was the pledge educator. It was a crazy senior year. (Minds out of the gutter!)



12. By this time next year, I ... 

Will hopefully be knee deep in my doctoral work. I am ready to get back to the university and get that degree. Finally, I can be called DOCTOR! (Doctorate in Educational Supervision and Administration)


13. Do you think the United States will elect a female President in your lifetime? Do you think this would be a good thing? 

Well, I tried in 2008 to get one elected. I think if the US will ever have a chance at a female President, it should be Hillary Clinton. (Gina Davis played an awesome president on TV though!)



14. Which fictional, TV show character you would shag anytime?

LOL....I am going to plea the 5th amendment on this one.
Wanna know? Gotta ask?




Hey, Ian...Where's question #15?????



16. Tell me about your most recent trip of more than 100 miles?


I traveled to Topsail Island, NC for my friend Lynne's wedding. It was a beautiful setting, awesome weather, and the bride was gorgeous! The perfect day for a wedding!



17. Which do you use more often, the dictionary or the thesaurus?

LOL. I use the dictionary, but not for the reasons you think.
Do you know how to make a 6th grader behave? Tell them they will copy a page or two from a dictionary as punishment for not following instructions. Doesn't take but one time to let them know you mean business.



18. Do you have a nickname? What is it?

Mr. C
King Crab
Joey
just to name a few...



19. What are you dreading at the moment?

A long drive tomorrow as the first leg of my three-trip & ten-day marathon. I will be at a conference on Mon - Wed, a training in Nashville Thurs - Sat, and I will be in Washington DC Sun - Wed. OMG!





20. Do you worry that others will judge you from reading some of your answers?

No too much. I am who I am...and that all that I am! (Loved Ian's picture, so I kept it!) 

21. In two words, explain what ended your last relationship.

WHAT RELATIONSHIP???



22. What were you doing this morning at 8am?

Sleeping...after being almost struck by lightning this morning (no joke), I went back to bed.



23. Do you have any famous relatives?

Well, in my hometown I have some local celebrities in the family. My family ran the town for years, so everyone knew my family. Here is the list.

Uncle Bob - Mayor
Aunt Sarah - City Council
Cousin Robert - City Manager
Cousin Daniel - Chief of Police
Aunt Barbara - School Board
Aunt Virgie (yes, her actual name) - Police Officer
Aunt Nadine - County Commissioner
Uncle Bobby (yes, another one) - He of the adult education programs for the county

Obviously, my family loves politics. Guess I got bit by that bug.

Beside them though, no other famous family...YET!



24. How many different beverages have you drank today?

ONE - all water...all day!


25. What is something you are excited about?

Getting out of my house for ten days!


26. When was the last time you spoke in front of a large group?

In front of a live audience, it would have been a few months ago when I had to emcee an event at a conference I was attending. There were about 500+ present. No problem.

Now, in front of thousands via television...a few weeks ago I was all over the TV, radio, and the newspaper. It is part of the job of being the president of the teachers' union. I am the face of our teachers. Scary, isn't it!




27. When you looked at yourself in the mirror today, what was the first thing you thought?

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK!


28. What were you doing at midnight last night?

I cannot remember!



29. What’s a word that you say a lot?

SPAZ
It's a 6th grade thing!




30. Who is your worst enemy?


INSOMNIA
a

5 comments:

  1. Can you at least stop on the side of the freeway in cookeville for a hug on your way to Nashville? I'll bring ricotta cookies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, for you, I would stop anywhere at anytime! Just give me a call or text.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did not even realize that there was no question 15. Joey, Slowly but surely my desire to meet you in the flesh increases so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ian -
    It is just my OCD kicking in to notice that the question was missing. Whenever you make your way to the state...look me up. (Or, if I make my way to Manchester or Dublin, I will surely make my presence known. LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Joey!

    The images with your answers made me laugh!

    -Dean

    ReplyDelete