June 26, 2010

For Dean & Family

I just got a text from my friend, Dean, letting me know that his uncle has just passed away.
Dean lives in the Chicago area, so there is no way I can be up there to help him out. That bothers me. I wish I could be there for him. However, I decided that I would pass along this song. It is called "Your Side." It is written by Katie Thompson and sung by Lisa Brescia. It is a song I listen to when I am feeling bad and missing my grandmother.

I decided to add additional songs that mean alot to me that I hope will help you through this tough time.

Dean, I hope it can bring you a bit of comfort. Know I will be here for you if you need anything.


Your Side
- by: Katie Thompson

Even though I might be far away
Even though I might be gone
You should know I need you everyday
You should know that I am on...your side

I am on your side...with pride
Through everything
Please know that I am on your side

Cause I know you get so rough alone
And I know it seems so long
All the time you spend on one small choice
No matter what it is
I am on your side

I am on your side...with pride
Through everything
Please know that I am on your side.

And I wish I could be there always
And I wish you could be here
But until then
When you have lonely days
This much is clear
You never have to fear
My judgement or if I could love you more
I am always yours

Cause I know I might be far away
And I know I might be gone
But no matter what
I'm always on...your side



Goodnight
- by: Scott Alan

Dry away the tears
Lay aside your fears
No more pain for my love
I am here
Now go to sleep

And when the angels,
I know that they will teach you well
And they will pull you through
And lift you up from what has held you down

There's a Heaven out there
And it waits just for you
So close your eyes and dream
And there will be a world that you once knew

A world without the pain
That has stuck with you for far too long
A world that does contain a love like mine
To watch you grow strong

And when my time arrives
Please make a place for me
For when I do arrive
I want your face to be the first face I see

So dry away the tears
Lay aside your fears
No more pain
For my love

I am here
Now go to sleep...







If Heaven
- by Andy Griggs


If Heaven was an hour, it would be twilight
When the fireflies start their dancin' on the lawn
And suppers on the stove and mammas laughin'
And everybody's workin' day is done.


If Heaven was a town, it would be my town
On a summer day in 1985
And everything I wanted was out there waitin'
And everyone I love was still alive.


Don't cry a tear for me, now baby
There comes a time when we all must say goodbye
And if that's what Heaven's made of
You know I ain't afraid to die.


If Heaven was a pie, it would be cherry
Cool and sweet and heavy on the tongue
And just one bite would satisfy your hunger
And there'd always be enough for everyone 


It Heaven was a train, it sure would be a fast one 
That could take this weary traveler round the bend
And if Heaven was a tear, it'd be my last one
And you'd be in my arms again.


Don't cry a tear for me now baby
There comes a time when we all must say goodbye
And if that's what Heaven's made of
You know I ain't afraid to die.


Yeah, if that's what Heaven's made of
You know I ain't afraid to die. 





How Can I Help You Say Goodbye
- by Patty Loveless


Through the back window of a '59 wagon
I watched my best friend, Jamie, slippin' further away
I kept on wavin' 'till I couldn't see her
And through my tears I asked again why we couldn't stay
Mama whispered softly, Time will ease your pain
Life's about change, and nothing ever stays the same.


And she said, How can I help you to say goodbye?
It's OK to hurt, and it's OK to cry
Come, let me hold you and I will try
How can I help you to say goodbye?


I sat on our bed, he packed his suitcase
I held a picture of our wedding day
His hands were trembling, we both were crying
He kissed me gently and then he quickly walked away
I called up Mama, she said, Time will ease your pain
Life's about change, and nothing ever stays the same



And she said, How can I help you to say goodbye?
It's OK to hurt, and it's OK to cry
Come, let me hold you and I will try
How can I help you to say goodbye?

Sittin' with Mama, alone in her bedroom
She opened her eyes, and then squeezed my hand
She said, I have to go now, my time here is over
And her final word, she tried to help me understand
Mama whispered softly, Time will ease your pain
Life's about change, and nothing ever stays the same

And she said, How can I help you to say goodbye?
It's OK to hurt, and it's OK to cry
Come, let me hold you and I will try
How can I help you to say goodbye?

How can I help you to say goodbye? 



Temporary Home
-by Carrie Underwood


Little boy, six years old
A little too used to bein' alone
Another new mom and dad
Another school, another house
That'll never be home
When people ask him 
How he likes this place
He looks up and says
With a smile upon his face


This is my temporary home
It's not where I belong
Windows and rooms 
That I'm passin' through
This is just a stop
On the way to where I'm goin'
I'm not afraid because I know
This is my temporary home.


Young Mom, on her own
She needs a little help
Got nowhere to go
She's lookin' for a job
Lookin' for a way out
Because a half-way house
Will never be a home
At night she whispers 
To her baby girl
Someday well find our
Place here in this world.



This is my temporary home
It's not where we belong
Windows and rooms 
That we're passin' through
This is just a stop
On the way to where we're goin'
I'm not afraid because I know
This is our temporary home.

Old man, hospital bed
The room is filled
With people he loves
And he whispers
Don't cry for me
I'll see you all someday
He looks up and says
I can see God's face.

This is my temporary home
It's not where I belong
Windows and rooms 
That I'm passin' through
This is just a stop
On the way to where I'm goin'
I'm not afraid because I know
This was my temporary home.

This is our temporary home.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Joey, you're such a sweetheart!

    The first song as well as the one by Patty Loveless made me cry.

    Thanks for your support!

    -Dean

    ReplyDelete