June 28, 2010

So Long, My Beautiful Friend

This evening I got a phone call from an old college friend, Beth. I have known Beth since we were freshmen in college and attending the BSU (Baptist Student Union). Beth called to tell me that our friend, Jamie had passed away today. I just sat there...emotionless. I know now that I was in shock. Heck, I am still in shock over this.

How do you describe my friend, Jamie? (We all loving refer to her as Jam-O)

Jamie was the epitome of unconditional love. Ever since I have known Jamie, she has always had this unbreakable smile on her face. Everyone who has ever come into contact with her catches that infectious smile and feels the warmth of the love Jamie brings to your life. No matter who you are, what you have done, or how awful you might have been, there was always love in Jamie's heart for you.

Jamie loved her life. She loved being this beacon of light for all to see. It was clear in you love of God. She served Him well.

In the past few years, Jamie has had some pretty serious health problems. Most recently she had a brain tumor removed several months back. She seemed to have been responding well to all treatment. Through all the pain, all the hard times, all the fear, Jamie never once let anyone know anything but happiness and love.

Oh, how I am going to miss this girl. There will never be enough that I can say about Jamie that could ultimately describe the awesomeness of this girl!

I love you, Jamie, and we will miss you always. There is now a big whole in the Whoop-Dee circle! However, I relish in the fact that you are now able to look after all of us, as you have always done throughout your life...now it is just on a much grander scale!

The song below from the Muppets is perfect for saying goodbye to Jamie. This is definitely her personality! 




1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry to hear this, Joey!

    You've been so supportive of me during my loss. I wish I could be more like you.

    (((HUGS)))

    -Dean

    ReplyDelete