January 5, 2010

Oh, The Weather Outside is Frightful

Last night, the director of our school system placed us on a 2-hour delay for the first official day back to school for the kids. I got to work this morning at 6:30, which in my world is terribly LATE. I spent the morning making copies and chatting with my teammate. Wouldn't you know it...school got cancelled just before 8 AM.

I slid back home this morning, and then literally slid my way up the hill in my neighborhood to my house. The entire neighborhood road is covered in some slick snow. I couldn't even make it down my driveway. My car is parked on the street just above the driveway. It is now being covered with snow.





Below is my plan for the day:
(1) Take a power nap.
(2) Clean house.
(3) Work out a bit with the Wii. (Believe me, it can kick some butt!)
(4) Curl up on the couch with my new book, "When You Are Engulfed in Flames," by David Sedaris.


(The man is a comedic genius...check it out!) 

Hope everyone has a great day. More to report later. 
- JC

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like the perfect snow day!

    Take lots of pictures! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. seems like me and you are in the exact same boat.

    SNOW DAY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the David Sedaris stories on "This American Life". I really need to read his books.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty day!!!

    Snow days... I'm jealous

    ReplyDelete