January 16, 2010
Breakfast of Champions
I am on the road this weekend, like many weekends I have had in recent months. I got up this morning, walked right past the hotels breakfast and made a beeline for Starbucks. The irony in this is that I don't drink coffee. My weakness is a caramel apple spice. I love them. of course I had to find something to munch on for breakfast while there. I decided on this toffee pecan bar. Well, I am a true southerner and the toffee pecan bar tastes just like a pecan pie. Yummmmmmmm!
So that is my breakfast of champions while on the road.
Shortly I am leaving the hotel to go to my meeting that will run the length of the day. Yes, I have a very long meeting on a Saturday. The plus side is that they are predicting temperatures in the mid-50s to upper-60s. We have been in a deep freeze for weeks and I am ready for the warmer temps. (I need my flip-flops!)
Focus...focus...focus...
Anyway, this meeting will be a very emotion-filled one because what we are discussing today will affect thousands of teachers across our state. I expect that there will be a lot of moaning, groaning, and maybe even some pulled hairs. (Not mine, I promise! I have learned over the years to remain calm. It will all work out somehow.) I guarantee we will all go back to our teachers and work to reassure all of them that we will prevail.
Note: For those of you totally lost, I promise to clarify all of this once I get all the specific info on the legislation that was just passed.
Wow, I have run out of time. Got to run. Hope that everyone has a great weekend. I will talk to you all soon!
Take care,
- JC
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Caramel Apple Spice = <3
ReplyDeleteHope that the meetings go quickly!