January 10, 2010

Busy Week Ahead...ALL HANDS ON DECK



Okay, I could not got by another day without showing you the calendar I bought for 2010. Actually, I have bought the same calendar for the past 5 years or so. It is the funniest thing I have found. It is up in my classroom. My students always ask "Why do you have a calendar of nuns?" Once they take a look in it, they just laugh at it. The love it, too!

Anyway, the calendar is a sign of a crazy schedule I have this week.

Monday
I have to submit 64 pages of our school's yearbook before midnight. Almost finished right now, but it will take a little work in the afternoon.

After school I will be headed off to two meetings. The first is with our congressman. He is holding a town hall meeting to discuss the reauthorization of No Child Left Behind. For you teachers, you know the kind of emotion this stirs. For those non-teachers, let me just say that the idea of NCLB is good, but the expectations are unrealistic. It is time for some changes to the bill. Should be an interesting 2 hours.

The second meeting will take place after meeting with the Congressman. This meeting is to review the changes to the teacher contract before we ask the teachers to approve it. Will be a long night.


Tuesday
Seems to be my only quiet day...that is surely to change.


Wednesday
Parent-teacher conference scheduled during my planning period and lunch time. I also have a faculty meeting after school. After that, I will be off to the doctor for a checkup.


Thursday
I am heading to Nashville for the first gubernatorial debate of this election season in Tennessee. It is an opportunity for each candidate to lay out their plans for education. I will be leaving school as soon as it ends, and it is a 4 hour drive afterward. I should arrive right on time.


Friday
Have a meeting scheduled in Nashville. It is a planning meeting for an event being put on in February.


Saturday
I will be in a council meeting most of the day to discuss, what else...education!


Sunday
I am off to see the University of Tennessee Lady Vols pummel the Vanderbilt Commodores. I cannot wait. It was be an awesome time. Love me some Lady Vols Basketball.








There you have it...my week in a nutshell. Obviously I may not be online much this week. Getting back into the swing of things at full steam ahead.

Have a great week.
- JC

7 comments:

  1. Drive safely to Nashville. Weather looks clear but chill — 25ยบ

    Yes, I looked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just remember Joe to breathe and damn sure hope you have fun Sunday. Love Lee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Give your Congressman an earful!!!
    - A minor should be acceptable proof to be able to teach that subject
    - The whole test score issue...

    I'm sure you have a lot more ideas, but those 2 pop in my mind right off the bat...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't see "dinner in Cookeville" or "shopping with MH" on there. Better start making some room!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mandi -

    I would love dinner in Cookeville or shopping with MH...believe me I would! The sad part is on this trip I will NOT be traveling alone.

    I have many more trips planned for Nashville (and even Crossville) between now and March. So, you're on for another weekend!

    Miss you guys and talk to you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mikey -

    The Congressman got an earful from the audience, don't you worry.


    Lee -

    Thanks for the reminder. I will keep breathing.


    Silus -

    Thanks for checking up on my trip. Hopefully the "heat wave" will hit before I head out there this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Having an obsession with Nun calendars is a nasty habit!

    I need to get out more!

    ReplyDelete