January 7, 2010

525,600 Minutes

I will admit it! I am most certainly a RentHead!

I first got to see Rent on Broadway in 2003. I knew the music before I had ever seen it. A friend of mine played the CD on a trip to New Orleans for Spring Break in 1999. I remember instantly connecting with the music. I had no idea of the love affair I would have with this show after seeing it LIVE.

Since seeing it in 2003, I have gone on to see it too many more times to count (either on Broadway or national tour). Each time is different, and I love that about the show. What I find hilarious is that you know who your fellow RentHeads are in the audience. Each of you is singing along to every song in the show...we know every line...we are the ones dancing in the audience...we are the ones MOOOOOOOOOOING!

I decided to post about this simply because I ran across the video below. It is (supposedly) a video taken at the very first Broadway performance of Rent back in 1996.






Below are a couple videos taken from the last performance on Broadway.









Just a random thought for the day.

In other news of real life...

It has been a truly insane week. The kids were supposed to come back to school on Tuesday. That did not happen because of snow. We had a two hour hour delay on Wednesday, which meant the kids came back as crazy as ever! Today our schools let out two hours early in anticipation of this supposed blizzard we were getting. Now I find out that schools have been cancelled tomorrow.

Hey, I am definitely NOT complaining about a 3-day weekend.

It is nice that we are going to start fresh on Monday. The kids really have been insane the past two days. They don't know how to handle life when the schedule is not normal. So we deal the best way we can.

Also, my meeting in Nashville got pushed back until the following weekend due to the snow across the state. I don't know if that means I have to wait another week to hear about the job possibility. All the anticipation is killing me. I try not to think about it, but I am constantly being asked by friends if I have heard anything.

I know that good things come to those who wait, but sometimes all this waiting can drive a person to the local psychiatric hospital...kidding.

One last bit of news...I have been talking with a guy named Casey. It has been a barrage of emails back and forth for the past week just trying to get to know each other. Today's email from him made me laugh. He essentially said he had nothing new to add today, but he just felt compelled to email and say Hi. Don't really know where this is going, but if nothing else it will be nice to have another friend in my world. More later.

Have a great weekend!
- JC

2 comments:

  1. lol was wondering .. but not asking lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least you don't have to wait another 525,600 minutes to hear about the job... just a few extra days... but the anticipation... I know!

    ReplyDelete