February 7, 2010

Stark Reality

Greetings from the Atlanta International Airport. It is now after 10 pm and I am stuck here until my flight leaves at 11 pm. Ugh! This means that I will not get home until well after midnight tonight. It hasbeen a long and tiring weekend.

Today, as i wandered the streets of downtown Little Rock I came to a stark realization...I am very much alone. It became very evident when I was sitting in the hotel lobby going through my phone's contact list and I did not have anyone I truly felt I could call. It was a horrible feeling and I truly almost cried in the lobby.

I am certainly not asking anyone to feel sorry for me. It was just something that hit me! I don't really know what to do about it. It was just a realization that I don't have that missing piece in my life... A significant other to call home to when I needed them.

What does that mean for me?

What am I going to do to rectify this situation?

In truth, probably nothing right now.

Okay, I am going to run. We will hopefully begin boarding our plane soon.

Take care of yourselves and those significant others in your lives! I hope you know how truly lucky you are.

- JC

7 comments:

  1. You can adapt to being companion-less. I have. I don't know anything different. However, I don't recommend it. No matter how adjusted to it I have become, I'm still sad. Instead I have dogs - what a cliche.

    I hope you find someone to make that "sitting in the airport call" to. Don't wait to long my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do realize that I am fortunate to have my husband. I met him, and he went after me, just when I decided that I wouldn't date undergraduates anymore. So you don't have to be searching. Sometimes the right person and the right situation are just there. Don't give up hope.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I often find myself in that same position, and it has quite a powerful 'downer' effect. Hope that you find some peace in the hectic whirlwind that is life. All the best to you, JC.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I kept wondering when you'd get home. Hope you get home and settled soon!!!

    I have those feelings all the time. I have friends, great friends mind you, but you just feel alone and needing someone. You have great friends that you love and would do anything for, but sometimes you don't feel comfortable, don't feel like you have anything to say when you call because they aren't your boyfriend. Been there and feel that a lot. It hurts.

    :::Hug:::

    ReplyDelete
  5. JC

    I know exactly how you feel

    take care and be safe

    bob

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're blogging from am airport!? That's pretty neat!

    I totally get feelings like that! It's so frustrating to see my friends dating and even getting married. Let me know when you find a way to "rectify this situation"!

    ReplyDelete
  7. C1 -
    I, too, have come very accustomed to living alone. Most days I am just fine and content, but there are just times when it can really suck, too. I will be okay. It just felt good to unload that on this blog. LOL. Thanks!


    G&P -
    I am most certainly not giving up hope on finding "the one" someday. I am much like many of my friends and family...extremely impatient. I just have to learn to take it one day at a time.


    Nigel -
    My whirlwind life is something I have come rather accustomed to as well. The real challenge will be for me to take the time and slow down this pace I am keeping. I think I am more frightened by what I will discover about my life when I do have spare time and a slower pace of life.


    Mikey -
    I didn't get home until well after midnight last night. It is one of the dangers of changing time zones...I lost an hour in the process. I went to work today with very little sleep. I am surprised I made it through the day. Got home and crashed for 4 hours.

    Anyway, I am blessed to have great friends that love me too. I am still having great difficulty in calling on them when I need help. It is something I am not good at, but it is one of those areas of life I am working on improving. I still have that feeling of guilt when I decide to call my friends and unload on them. (I know...I know...I am going to get a preaching from someone for saying that.)


    CVN -
    Thanks! Hope you are doing well, too.


    BK -
    Blogging from the airport? Definitely. I was actually blogging from my iPod touch. It was a very interesting feeling trying to type an entire post on that little keyboard. (I had packed my laptop away and did not want to unpack it from my luggage.)


    Thanks to everyone for the comments. I appreciate the support more than you may ever know. Take care of yourselves.

    ReplyDelete