February 14, 2010

Humor of the Clintons

I don't know if I have mentioned this before, but I am a huge fan and supporter of Bill and Hillary Clinton.

Bill Clinton was the first president I ever had the opportunity in which to elect during a presidential election. In fact, President Clinton was the reason I became interested in politics and even registered to vote. To be clear though, my first presidential election was to RE-ELECT Bill Clinton to a second term. (Just making sure no one decides to make me older than I really am. Thanks!)

For the record, I was one of the 18 million voters who chose Hillary during the 2008 primary. And, I think she is going to kick butt and take names as our Secretary of State.

The focus of this post is not to spew out all my political views. (If you want all those, feel free to talk with me. I have got a wide variety of views and am not afraid to share them. It comes with coming from a very political family.) The main focus is the videos below.

While I was in Little Rock, AR, last weekend, I had the opportunity to visit and tour the William J. Clinton Presidential Library. What a magnificent piece of architecture. What an incredible collection of artifacts from the Clinton Presidency. As promised, I will post more pictures from my trip, including the library, soon.

One section of the library I was told not to miss was the section titled Humor of the Clintons. Whether you know it or not, Bill and Hillary have wicked senses of humor. Part of this section in the library showed several video clips that the Clintons made to show at various events. Each video is a spoof of some movie or legislation during the Clinton presidency. They are great at showing the lighter side of the Clintons.

I searched YouTube trying to find some of these videos that I saw. Below are three of them.

Hillary Gump

Clinton's Final Days

Harry and Louise


And, for more fun, below are two other videos about the Clintons. 

Clinton's Farewell at the Correspondents' Dinner

Clinton Laughs with Yeltsin


Granted, if you don't like the Clintons, you may not like these videos. Also, my sense of humor may just be warped enough to enjoy these. If they don't float your boat, so sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment