Perhaps I am having withdrawal.
Perhaps this blog is my drug of choice.
I am finding myself not being able to move away from my blog. I feel such a connection to many of you. I appreciate the comments and the emails that had been sent to me in the past few days. I cannot tell you how much they have meant to me. I found myself actually starting to tear up when I was reading everyone's comments.
I want to comment on what happened to me on Thursday night and what caused me to decide to back off my blog. I had read through a slew of posts that night, and I commented on several. On one particular post, the comment I made was responded to by the author of the blog. In the comment, there was a questioning of how much I really knew this person and how I could offer such support when I didn't know said person so well. That hit me harder than I had expected.
While part of my decision to stop blogging was because I wanted to make time for more live interactions with friends. However, I realize that some of you have let me into your lives beyond compare. I feel as though I have gotten to know the real people that have reached out to me, and vice versa. So thank you to those of you who have made me such a part of your life.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are some other personal struggles that have been happening as of late that are causing me some amounts of stress. While I am not ready to put some of those struggles out here just yet, I will in good time.
I am going to try and continue this blog, if for no other reason that to just for release.
So, while I may still be blogging, I don't necessarily know how much I will be doing. Life is on a very hectic speed at the moment. For instance, check out my schedule this week:
- Monday I have a union meeting that I must preside over. It will probably be 2+ hours in the evening. Then come home and pack.
- Tuesday, my dad is having surgery in the morning to have two stints put into his arteries. Then, I am heading off to Nashville for a two-day series of meetings.
- Thursday I am back at work. I also have a meeting with the entire faculty of one of our elementary schools. There seems to be a number of issues going on at that school, and I need to be there as the representative of the union. I must be the mediator. Lord, help me!
- Friday, as soon as work is over, I am driving three hours west to attend two-concurrent sets of weekend-long meetings. Luckily, both sets of meetings are taking place at the same place. That will allow me the opportunity to be at both.
- Sometime during the weekend, I might actually have to drive to Nashville for a few hours for another round of interviews for the job I am wanting. That's right, two sets of meetings and an interview all in the same weekend. YIKES!
Obviously, it is going to be one insane week. Does anyone, who is considered normal, have a regular schedule like this? Where do I find time to sleep...think...breathe?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In other news, I just got off of Skype with my best friend, Jen. She had texted me this afternoon while she was at the airport waiting to catch her plane back home. She told me she needed to talk to me tonight b/c she had so much news to let me know. I had some inkling of what was going to be said, and I was right!
JEN IS GETTING MARRIED!
I admit that I had seen this coming for a few months now. She and Chris had their first "date" back in September, and they have fallen hard for each other ever since. I have not seen Jen this happy in years. I cannot remember the last time I saw her this happy. I know that this is right for her. She is certainly not one to jump into marriage carelessly. She had sworn several times that she would not ever get married. For her to even consider getting married is a miracle. I am over the moon with happiness for her and Chris.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Finally, before I go, I just have to say that my heart is aching for two wonderful friends going through a very rough road in life at the moment. While I will not identify them here, I will ask for those of you who pray to keep my friends (and their family) in your thoughts and prayers.
I have been thinking about you both all weekend, and I cannot imagine the pain, agony, and struggle you two are experiencing right now. Please know I am here for you! Love you both.
I'm glad to hear it's "less" and not "none".
ReplyDelete:)
blog is awesome - write when you want - or when you can - or don't bother if you don't feel like it - we'll still read :-)
ReplyDeleteGlad you're not completely gone! Write when you can or want to :)
ReplyDeleteMuchos Loves :)
ReplyDeleteJoey!
ReplyDeleteThanks for continuing to share your journey with us!
Congrats to Jen too!
-Dean