September 12, 2010

I'm Free

To continue with the random bits of music I put on here...

This song is one I have found and obsessed about recently, not to mention that Stuart Matthew Price tears it up. I love his ability to portray such emotion in song. It is a gift that is all too rare!

(I included another version at the bottom of this post in case you don't care for Price's version.)


Free
by: Scott Alan

First I need to say
You grow more beautiful each day
Like Leaves as their colors change

This may sound cliche
But I'd be lost if you ever went away
No, words are not my strength

So many years have gone by
So many days I peered from the outside
Always felt so lost at sea
(Like wind without the waves)

Then you stepped into my life
You found me here, just in the nick of time
Unlocked me with your key, and set me free

The world could never understand
Love me only the way you can
Rebuilding me from inside

I don't care if the world sees me as strange
(I know the world sees me as strange)
Never once have you wanted me to change
You take me as I am

I lost a piece of who I was
You brought me back, now I'm no longer lost
Brought meaning to my life

I've grown to finally understand
That someone could love me as I am
And I'd finally be free

A single kiss and you awakened me
And I was free

From my darkest hour your rescued me
Now I'm feee

With you I'm free

Here in your arms, I'm free.

I'm free

No comments:

Post a Comment