This morning I received a text message stating that a new message had been posted to Bradley's Caring Bridge account. I had this sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach as I rushed to open the post. Below is the message we all received:
Dear Friends and Prayer Warriors of Bradley,
It is with a sad heart that I tell you, at 8am on his 18th birthday, Bradley heard the words from Heaven.
Well done, my good and faithful servant.
We appreciate your prayer right now as our battle of missing Bradley has just begun.
As I sat at my desk in my classroom, I just froze...my eyes were glued to those four lines on the page. My heart began to sink as I contemplated the message. It was over.
Yes, today is Bradley's 18th birthday. His mother always said that turning 18 is all Bradley had talked about for the past couple months. Last week, it did not look as though he would make it to his birthday. Who would have ever guessed that he held on long enough to turn 18 and become a man. However, I would argue that he became a true man many months ago when he began this journey.
Yes, there is sadness across the region. His high school classmates have been gathering all day to console each other, sing hymns (as Bradley would most certainly appreciate), and talk about the good times with their newly departed friend. I read a Facebook post saying that students were also making posters for tonight's football game. No doubt that it will be an affair to remember.
For someone so young, he touched and changed so many lives.
In honor of Bradley, I offer this song...seems the perfect one to send him on his way.



I'm sorry to hear this.
ReplyDelete(((HUGS)))
-Dean