I am sitting in my extremely beautiful hotel room in St. Augustine, Florida as I type this.
I arrived here just this morning...well, around noon. As soon as I arrived at my hotel, I called Jenny to let her know I was in town. She asked me to come to the salon to spend some time with her, her mother, and her bridesmaids. I got over to the salon, and they were having an absolute blast. Jenny was in the chair getting her hair done up (she chose a total up-do, which is totally out of character for her), the rhinestones put in, and the beautiful flower put into her hair. (I will post a pic of that soon...once I get them from my phone.) They were all drinking wine, eating fruit and cheese, and just having a good ole time! I loved just seeing everyone so happy...especially Jenny!
The wedding was beautiful. It was on the beach at Anastasia State Park. Jenny could not have looked more beautiful. The setting was incredible. It was perfect.
The reception was a blast. The location was very sophisticated. (Very out of character for the bride and groom.) The room was decorated with white tables and teal satin scarved over each chair. The music was too much fun. One thing I will say about Jenny's family is that they love to have a party and DANCE. Even granny, who is well into her 80s, danced the shoes off of everyone else there. It was awesome!
The best part of the reception for me was when I got to dance two slow songs with Jenny. Dancing has always been a thing of ours, and we have not danced in quite a while. She and I just talked during those two songs about how happy she was, how great Chris is, and just how perfect the day has been. I also reminded her that I knew this day would come since last September. You see, I got to be there during their first date. I knew that night this was coming. How did I know? I saw the look Chris had on his face the entire night. He was smitten with Jenny. It was sweet!
At the end of the reception, we all gathered outside to wish Chris and Jenny well as they left in their horse-drawn carriage. After they were gone, I spent some time hugging on Jenny's mother, who I also refer to as "mom." Mom and I walked down the street just talking about Jenny, how happy she is, and how much she needed this. Mom and I just held each other's hand. It was sweet. She just kept thanking me for always being there for Jenny. I told her we have both been there for each other since we were 11 years old.
I am so thrilled that my best friend has found true happiness...and it is a most deserved happiness. I love Jenny with all my heart, and I always will. She will continue to be my best friend.
Will post other updates later. Got a lot to get off my chest, but this post needs to be all about my best friend and the man she now calls her HUSBAND. Love you guys!
Yay!!! I know you had a great time down there. I saw the pics you had posted, and she was absolutely beautiful!
ReplyDeleteMy first wedding was my brothers wedding last year, even though it wasn't me getting married it was genuinely one of the happiest days of my life.
ReplyDeleteWhen you are around a happy couple on there wedding day, its like an infection. Every single moment of the 2 day event was absolutely magical!
Awww.....
ReplyDeleteThis post made me tear up a bit, Joey!
Congrats to the happy couple!
-Dean