September 18, 2009

What's Going On With Me?

Let me just preface this by saying that it was an AWFUL day at work today. As I sat down at my desk today, during my planning period, this is what I was feeling at the time.

I am miserably alone…

There is just no better way to say it than that!

I find that I dread coming to school more and more each day. It really is driving me up the wall. My stress level is high again, and I don’t know if it can be stopped anytime soon.

My teammates don’t seem to really want to accept me. Ironically one of the members of my team is someone I consider to be a best friend. I just don’t feel like a full-fledged member of the team. Granted we are three type-A personalities and like things just so. Coming into a team that has everything already set up the way they wanted it has taken some adjustment for me.

There are days where I feel like I am treated as one of the students more than one of the team. Okay, if I have screwed up, I will accept that and change it. I don’t need to be made to feel like I am below my teammates, but that is exactly how I feel.

I don’t really want to go into anymore than that. Suffice to say, I am just very unhappy at the moment. I don’t know what to do. I love where I work, I love the kids, and I even love my coworkers. I just wish they would accept me into the fold.

Once again, I am the black sheep.

3 comments:

  1. :::Hug:::
    I don't know what to say :( It is so hard I have heard/know to fit into a school, and even a team where everything is already established, different personalities. Some talk down. Some think they're all that. I hear Linda's stories nonstop and see it constantly at the school I'm at. I'm here if you want to chat ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry things aren't going better for you this year. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.I'm so sorry things aren't going better for you this year. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys!

    I appreciate the support. I will be okay. It has just been a very busy and stressful week. I think that it all just got to all of us today. I am feeling better after the nap I got this afternoon. Looking forward to a fun weekend. Hope you all have a great weekend too!

    ReplyDelete