On Saturday we drove to Bristol for the 9th annual Rhythm and Roots music festival. We had an awesome time. We paid $25 to get into the festival. We saw a number of bands (about 10 - 15 of them) during the festival. The music ranged in variety. We got to see some truly awesome bands. My favorite bands for the night were the university's bluegrass band, Blue Mother Tupelo and the John Cowan Band. Below are a couple of videos featuring these bands:
But the highlight of the night was getting to listen to the incredible Patty Loveless perform. I have been a fan of Patty Loveless for many years, and for her to be at the Rhythm and Roots Festival was icing on the cake. She was supposed to sing from 9:00 - 10:15, but the last time I looked at my watch it was 10:45. Let's just say that it was well worth the wait. She did a fantastic job.
All in all, it was a fantastic time. I am glad that J was able to come in for the weekend.
There is nothing better that good music and great friends!
No comments:
Post a Comment