September 27, 2009

This is What I Want...



I found this picture online today. I honestly cannot remember where it was that I came across this. Being the nerd I am, I saved it to my computer. Then, in some random act of insanity, I decided to make it my desktop background.

So now I have had this picture on my computer screen for the majority of the day. Every time I walk into my bedroom there it is staring me in the face.

I am not saying that it is a bad picture. On the contrary, this picture has just hit me hard all day long. I realize now that THIS is what I want out of life. I know that I want that kind of passion between me and the man I find (or the one who finds me).

Where do you get passion like that?

In my mind, I see this man comforting the one he loves after some sad news has just been delivered. Maybe it was the death of a parent, a sibling, a best friend, or even a beloved pet...whatever. The point is that the guy in the white shirt is there for the man he loves, and he is going to be there no matter what. Nothing has to be said. Nothing more has to be done. Just being there is all anyone really needs for support.

Okay that was a bit sappy. Maybe I am getting more sentimental as I move through my 30s. I know that I want to love and be loved like that in return. Does that kind of love really exist? Will I ever get to experience that in my lifetime?

Now I am just starting to depress myself, so I will stop here...well, except to say that if you are someone who has this kind of love in you life you better hold on for dear life. You may not know just what you have got until it is gone.

This also reminded me of a song. It is called "Where've You Been," by Kathy Matea. Enjoy!



Goodnight, all!
- JC

2 comments:

  1. You aren't the only one to want that mate, I assure you. But I also assure you that it will happen if you let it.

    Courage and Honour!

    Octavius.

    ReplyDelete