November 28, 2010

Guess Who's Coming to Dinner


Has anyone else seen this incredible piece of cinematography? It is such a wonderful masterpiece!

Side note: I am a Katharine Hepburn fanatic. I think that everything she does is phenomenal. 

This movie was ground-breaking for 1967. The movie's plot centers around an interracial couple coming home to meet the parents before they prepare to get married. Think about it...this movie comes during a time of great racial unrest. The movie is so well put together and makes a very clear statement that everyone should be accepted for whom they love.

Below is the absolute best speech in this movie. It says a great deal, and no one could deliver it quite like Spencer Tracy.


This speech rings as true today as it did 43 years ago.

2 comments:

  1. I love this movie! I wrote up a piece about it here. take a look - http://blog.davidbbaker.com/2010/07/guess-whos-coming-to-dinner-a-review-of-personal-viewpoints/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I *like* this. I too am a fan of Kate.

    ReplyDelete