Here is the problem...today I have found myself having anxiety attacks throughout the day as I thought about returning to work. Why? I have no idea. I just don't want to go back to work. It is a feeling that has happened more and more this year. However, I am also not one to ever give up. I will go back to work tomorrow with a smile on my face and a positive attitude for the kids to see. It is what my students need.
There is hope. We only have three more weeks of school before we are on Winter Break. (Yes, that is the official title of break. It is no longer called Christmas Break. We have to be politically correct for everyone.) The students have to give me three more weeks of hard work and we will be half-way through the school year. That means two solid weeks of instruction time, then we will use the last week for review and benchmark testing. It will be a marathon sprint to the end, but we will make it. LOL.
In other news...
Tonight I turned on some Netflix (I love that I can now get Netflix through my Wii.) and started selecting movies to add to my queue. One of the movies I selected was Pedro. It is a biographical movie about Pedro Zamora from the Real World : San Francisco.
Tonight was not the first time I had watched this movie. I sat on my couch when it premiered on MTV last year. Something hit me tonight and drove me to tears. There is a scene near the end of the movie when Sean (Pedro's partner) brings over the tape of the Real World episode in which Pedro and Sean hold a commitment ceremony while in San Francisco. Pedro's eyes were fixed on his dad who had previously not accepted Pedro's relationship with Sean. As his father watched the episode his eyes filled with tears. It was the first time that he understood the love Pedro had for Sean. Then Pedro's father looks over at him, crying, smiles, and nods his head as though he finally gets it. Something about that scene was so powerful.
The scene I mentioned starts around 6:10 in the clip below.
I am off to grade more papers and get ready for another week of school. Hope everyone is doing well.
Take care!
When you mentioned your anxiety I felt my chest tense up. Hopefully you've already been at work for a few hours and things have calmed down! 3 or so more weeks until Christmas Break! It still is Christmas Break in my book!
ReplyDeleteJoey!
ReplyDeleteHmmm.....maybe the anxiety attacks mean your heart isn't into teaching anymore? Not that you don't like being a teacher and impacting your kids' lives but that it's not resonating with you like it once did?
Onto the tears.....
Yes, you are a big sap but I think it's a GREAT thing that you cried! It shows you're expressing those feelings instead of bottling them up.
(((HUGS)))
-Dean