November 9, 2010

Kids Say the Darndest Things

My students are always making me laugh with their observations and sayings. Believe me when I tell you that every teacher could write a book and make people roll in the floor with what they hear.

Today on the way out to the track one of my boys, Jacob, told me I needed to go to YouTube and search for Double Rainbow. I asked him what it was about and he said the following:

It is a video of this guy who was taping a double rainbow, and he wasn’t high or anything, but he was crying at the sight of this double rainbow.

I was just perplexed by the comment about this guy not being high. I had to ask him “What does being high have to do with this video?” Jacob was quick to point out that he didn’t think it was normal for a guy to cry at the sight of a rainbow, but he knew the guy just wasn’t high when watching this rainbow. (Evidently he thinks people who get high are overly emotional.)

I loved the rationale behind this, and it just made my day. Kids really do say the darndest things!

4 comments:

  1. Oh, the guy was high alright, high on LIFE!

    Incidentally, he is a fan of Jimmy Kimmel and appeared on his show a few times. First as an audience member and again as a guest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think he was high...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen this before; and I say the guy was higher than a kite.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My cousin just showed me the video at Disneyland the other day while we were waiting in line. My comment to her was that he was high.

    Did you see the followup? The double rainbow song!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B41BDQTxO-4

    ReplyDelete