No, this posting is NOT about my love life. (That non-existent portion of my life at the moment…No worries!) This post is about my love of Broadway!
Last night I ordered my tickets to see 9 to 5 : The Musical. I have loved the movie for years. I love Dolly Parton, Lily Tomlin, and Jane Fonda. They were hilarious in the movie. When the show opened on Broadway I wanted so badly to go see it, but I never got the opportunity to make it to New York. Alas, it closed, and I was sad. Then I learned it would be opening a nation-wide tour. My hopes were raised.
My joy increased as I ordered my tickets and got FRONT ROW SEATS! I am now more excited than ever. I have to wait until January 7 to see it in Greenville, SC…I will wait.
Here is a snippet from the show.
January will be a great month. I am also going with best friend, Jenny to see the national tour of The Lion King in Durham, NC. I cannot wait. Also coming up this year are the national tours of Spring Awakening (yes…again!), Wicked, and others.
I did want to leave some music from one of my favorite musicals…The Color Purple. I have been listening to that soundtrack today.
Joey, we're gonna have to go see a play together one of these days!
ReplyDeleteWhat do you say?
-Dean