November 26, 2010

Love and Other Drugs

On Wednesday afternoon I went to the theater to see Love and Other Drugs, starring Jake Gyllenhaal and Anne Hathaway. Having seen the previews several times I was dying to see it, but I had no real idea what to expect in this movie.

Gyllenhaal plays a pharmaceutical sales rep for Pfizer, and Hathaway plays a free spirit that won’t really let anyone get close to her. They end up in a relationship that surprises both of them.

My initial reaction to the beginning of the movie was not great. Yes, there were lots of funny scenes, but it lacked cohesion for me. About half way through the movie is the point when the I started to enjoy the movie. It was then we made the leap from comedy to romantic comedy. (If I could be more specific without giving away parts of the movie, I would.)

All in all, I loved the movie. What made the movie for me was the chemistry between Gyllenhaal and Hathaway. Their on-screen relationship made the movie believable. They drew me in to the plot. I think if some other couple made this move then I would have hated this movie.

The one biggest surprise in this movie was the amount of skin being shown by both actors. I will say that Hathaway was much more daring in her role. There were many scenes that had her breasts out and proud! Jake was daring as well, but Anne took the cake! It was a shock to see both of them in their birthday suits. Good grief!

Be warned: This is NOT a movie safe for kids. It is rated R for a reason.

2 comments:

  1. joe, Imagine if it was Heath Leadger instead of hathaway on the cast? it would be so sexy.
    and I appreciate more jack bodys in this movie than how it was in Prince of Persia, d'ont know what do you think about it?
    nabil

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really wanted to see this one. I am always glad to hear reviews before going in. Her hair is fantastic in the previews.

    ReplyDelete