When a parent spouts off the phrase "Free and Appropriate Public Education," do they mean ONLY for their child? Do they ever take the time to consider FAPE for ALL the other students in the class?
Why do students look surprised when I take "You're a mean teacher" as a compliment? I always just smile and respond with "Thank you!" (I love sarcasm!)
Something simple that always makes my day is when a student asks "Can I stay in your class all day?" Is there anything better?
It's nice to be loved, isn't it?
ReplyDeleteI have several teachers in my family and this is part of what makes it so worthwhile for them too!
But do you know, I had to run a series of training courses at one point when I worked on the railway in the UK and even there when adults bothered to stop and say 'that was really interesting' or to admit 'I learned something today - I've never thought of it like that before' - those were my rewards.
Not so very different, eh?
Enjoy!