I borrowed this survey from Ian. I alway love when he puts these on his blog. I usually seem to take it and fill it out, too! Thanks, Ian!
1. Are you happier now than you were five months ago?
I suppose happiness is relative to my current situation. Given the rough and tumble nature of the past three weeks, I will say that I am not happier than I was five months ago. As I have previously mentioned, these past few weeks have been the most trying in my career. We are working through it, and will make it...just takes time!
2. Have you ever slept in the same bed with anyone that you shouldn't have?
Not that I can think of at the moment. I am pretty conservative in that respect. Although, my friend, Lynne, and I caused quite a stir when we went to a mathematics conference (I know...I need a life!) and we shared a hotel room. Cracks me up!
3. Can you sleep in total darkness?
Honestly, I choose not to sleep in COMPLETE darkness. It is not that I am afraid of the dark. I just prefer to have even the slightest light on so I can find my way if I get up in the middle of the night.
Moreover, I cannot sleep in complete silence. I always have to have something on to break the silence (fan, radio, television, etc).
4. Your phone is ringing. It’s the person you fell hardest for, the one who got away, what do you say?
I would start with, "Hello." Beyond that...who knows?
5. What do you think about the weather this summer?
It was too freakin' hawt! What's worse is that the humidity was extremely high throughout the summer. We also could have used more rain over the summer months. My lawn only got mowed three times all summer long.
6. How many people do you trust with everything?
Ouch! Tough question.
I tend to keep so much of my feelings and thoughts to myself. I simply don't want to bog down someone else with any issues I may be having. However, there are a few people who I feel I can tell anything to: Jenny (best friend since freshman year at college), Lynne (an awesome friend I have loved since grad school), and a couple others.
As far as family goes, I tend to talk with my Aunt Sue and my dad the most. I tell them quite a bit, but I still don't let them completely in on everything in my life. Just a choice!
7. What was the last thing you drank?
Always drinking water these days. I went through 36 bottles (16.9 oz each) of water this past school week (Mon - Fri). It's a wonder I didn't float out of that school.
Before anyone asks...NO, I did not have to run to the bathroom every five minutes. I have what we call "teacher bladder." My body is on a schedule during the day, and it knows when my breaks are coming up. LOL
8. Is there anyone you want to come see you?
There are several people I would love to come see me:
First and foremost, I would give anything to see my grandmother again. She passed away five years ago, and there is not a day that goes by without a thought of her passing through my mind. She was the most incredible person I have ever, and will ever know. My heart aches every time I think of her. I sometimes find myself picking up the phone to call her, then I realize she is gone and she cannot answer the phone. If anyone knows the number for the direct line to Heaven, please let me know.
I would love Mikeal and Mandi to make their way up here to go hiking on the Appalachian Trail or hiking to various waterfalls. (Autumn is coming up...there is nothing like the changing of the colors here in the mountains!)
Jenny - I miss my best friend! We don't get to see each other as much as we would like. Of course, she has been getting ready for her wedding next month. I will get to see her next month in St. Augustine, Florida...when she will walk down the isle. Love ya, Jen!
There are a few fellow bloggers I have gotten to know over the past year or so that I would love to visit me (or I would like to go out and visit): Mikey, Ian, Dean, David, Nabil, and Los. Thanks, guys, for all your friendship and support!
9. Name one thing you love about winter?
Blue jeans, sweaters, cabins in the snow, etc.
10. Have you ever dated a Goth?
Absolutely NOT! Nothing wrong with the Goth crowd, just not my preference.
11. What are you looking forward to tomorrow?
I look forward to seeing my kids each day. My team really does have some pretty awesome kids, even if there are some that are making my life difficult right now. I love that being a teacher allows me the opportunity to change lives daily!
I also am looking forward to the fact that it is a day closer to FRIDAY!
12. Name something you dislike about the day you’re having?
I had to do an awful lot of grading tonight. It's my own fault for waiting this long. LOL!
13. What's the longest that you have committed to one person and one person only?
My longest relationship was for a little over two years with Gwen...my favorite red head of all time!
14. What’s the first thing you did when you opened your eyes today?
Yawned and stretched, then checked the clock.
15. Has anyone ever told you they never want to ever lose you?
Maybe...but I honestly cannot remember.
16. Is there anybody that you wish you could fix your relationship with?
I would love to fix my friendship with Christy. She ended our friendship about 3 1/2 years ago over something very trite. (Not really going to go into too much detail.) Time has passed and we have both reached out trying to fix our relationship. I am worried we have gone too long without trying to reconcile. Are we past the point of no return? I sincerely hope not. I love ya, Chris!
17. Could you go out in public, looking like you do now?
Of course. I am my mother's child...always presentable throughout the day.
18. Do you think things will change in the next 3 months? How?
Yes. It could be a number of things. This Friday we have a meeting with the parents of our autistic child. We are going to talk with them about an appropriate placement for their son. We will see how that works out.
Another change could be a career move. That depends on how the chips fall.
19. Do you believe that you never know what you got until you lose it?
I think we know we have something great at the time, but we probably don't ever realize just HOW great it is until it's gone.
20. Do you have a friend of the opposite sex you can talk to?
Of course...several of them!
Cool answers.
ReplyDeleteIn regards to your friend Christine, I know exactly how you feel :(
I would really like to meet you in person too!
How far are you from Ruttledge? We are running their marathon in Nov. Want some roomies for the night? We go to bed early and get up early but hardly eat more than oatmeal and water (with lemon, preferably. . .)
ReplyDeleteOh, and I don't ever want to lose you.
Am about 90 miles (about 2 hours on the road) from Rutledge. I didn't even realize they had a marathon there.
ReplyDeleteYou guys are always welcome here!
And, you are not losing me either! love ya!
I'd love to hang out and meet you too!!!
ReplyDeleteI always like these me-me's.
ew. I thought you were closer. Oh well, looks like we will need to find another excuse to come over. Kind of far for a Target run-
ReplyDelete