I got a call on Friday from MH asking for my address. Now, I get pretty suspicious when someone is at the post office and is asking for my address. Of course, my first question is "Is it going to explode when I open it?"
I received the package on Saturday afternoon. I opened the box and just smiled when I say what was inside...
It was a rubber duck!
I took it to my classroom today and placed it among the other 114 rubber ducks in the room. That's correct...I have 115 rubber ducks in my classroom. It is a collection that started a few years ago with one duck. Now, students and teachers will bring them in from time to time. Who knew I would have 115 of them? Good grief! Consequently, yes, they are all different!
MH made my weekend with something so simple as a rubber duck. It was not the duck itself that made my weekend. It is simply she thought of me and sent me this small token. It truly is the little things in life that mean so much.
Thanks, MH! You rock!

Well, that makes my decision so much easier :)
ReplyDeleteLOL...The collection grows all the time. It has grown to the point of being somewhat scary. That's 230 eyes looking at me all day!
ReplyDeleteDid anyone catch the "Ashes of Problem Students" jar in the background? My students always ask if there are ashes in there. I always say yes. Little do they know I keep change in there for students to use when they need to pay a library fine. (I am such a sucker!)
ReplyDeletenext time I'll send you something explosive. Or show up at your house when it's dirty. Gotta keep you on your toes!
ReplyDeleteI now know what to get you for your next birthday, Joey!
ReplyDelete(~_^)
-Dean
Hah. The jar was the first thing I noticed -- my mom has one of those. ;-)
ReplyDelete