Today I was working in my classroom trying to get prepared for school to begin in two-and-a-half week! Thankfully, our school has cable television and I have my television routed through my LCD projector. (Nothing like a 100" screen to watch a show!)
At noon, I caught the premiere episodes of a show I had heard nothing about before. It is about two guys who gave up their high-profile jobs in New York City to be farmers in upstate New York.
The show is called "The Fabulous Beekman Boys." With a name like that, I was intrigued from the beginning.
Brent is a former physician and Vice-President of Healthy Living at Martha Stewart-Omni Media. Josh is a former drag queen (go figure) turned ad executive and New York Times bestselling author. Suffice it to say, they are total city boys. So you have two gay city boys who now want to be farmers. You know it is going to be a riot!
They have decided to buy the Beekam Mansion and set up their farm. They are focusing on living an organic lifestyle. They also produce a live of products from goats' milk. Their company is called Beekman 1802. They are now producing a line of goat cheese, and we all know I have an obsession with goat cheese.
How could I forget, they have a llama named Polka Spot, otherwise knows Pokey. She is more of a diva that Brent. LOL.
When I got home today I discovered that I get Planet Green, and therefore can continue to watch the Beekman Boys. Joy and rapture! Hey, I love it...that's all that matters!
Has anyone else seen this show? Thoughts?
For a peek at the show, CLICK HERE



I havent seen it, but i wanna see it :D
ReplyDeleteSah-weet! You should be more focused at work. Lol, just kidding. I've been known to watch whole episodes of "The Simpsons" in the lab.
ReplyDeleteMy best friend wrote a great review of the show. He's gay. His brother's sort of redneck. They connected over the show.
ReplyDeleteOops. Forgot the link: http://flowerspickthemselves.blogspot.com/2010/06/bookend-brothers-bond-over-those.html
ReplyDeleteGMB -
ReplyDeleteI loved the posting from your best friend. As I read it, I was thinking about my brother. He is the ultimate, self-proclaimed redneck. I am the exact opposite of him. However, I cannot imagine, in a million years, that he would ever watch this show with me. If it doesn't have hot rods or some greaser 50s theme to it he simply will not watch it. If I ever caught my brother watching this show I would fall over dead.
Thanks for the laugh though.
I'm glad you appreciated it.
ReplyDelete