May 2, 2010

Tennessee Floods

For those who have not been watching the news in the past day or two, you may not have heard! Since Saturday, 2/3 of Tennessee has been plagued with torrential downpours causing flash floods that Tennessee has not seen in decades. I heard a report this evening on NBC that at one point, middle Tennessee was receiving 7 inches of rain per hour. That is insane! 

A friend of mine living in Nashville reported that schools will most likely be closed tomorrow because of the flooding. I didn't quite understand how that could be until I saw the pictures of the flooding. (See the end of this post for some pics my friend took and posted today.)

Just to give you an idea of the strength and destruction of this flooding, see the video below. This video was on Interstate 24 today. Just watch as the building moves down the "river" and is eventually destroyed. And I apologize now for the cheesy music.


I live in Tennessee, but I feel very blessed to live in Northeast Tennessee. We have not had any of the storms that have been happening this weekend. We have missed it all! 

I am, however, very worried about so many of my friends that live in middle and west Tennessee. I sent out a Facebook request today for them to update me letting us all know they are safe.

Please keep your thoughts and prayers for those who are most directly affected by the floods. We are all here for you. 













1 comment:

  1. Not a thing on the local news out here. I had no clue, and you know I'm a big news watcher! That's incredible.

    ReplyDelete