Got the "Save the Date" postcard in the mail today...
My best friend, Jenny is engaged to be married! Below is a picture of her and her fiance, Chris.
This picture was taken atop a lighthouse in Florida just after Chris proposed to Jenny! I have never seen my best friend so happy, and I have known her since we were 11 years old. She had given up on finding love when, WHAM, it slammed her in the face last September when she and Chris went on their first date. Ironically, I was the tag-a-long that night. Actually, Jenny and I were meeting for a Labor Day fireworks show, and she brought Chris. I knew that night that he was smitten with her. He could not take his eyes off her, and he hung on her every word. Jenny did not believe me when I told her that.
I knew around November that things were getting rather serious. When I would call Jenny, she would tell me how much she missed Chris. He is a pilot who flies all over the world. When he was gone, they would Skype every night for hours on end. Even the mere mention of Chris and she would smile.
Now, they are engaged, and I could not be happier for them both. They are two fantastic people who deserve all the happiness in the world. I cannot wait to see them married.
Just had to share the happy news!

Cool, congrats to Jenny and Chris! I wish I had friends that I know from when I was 11. That must have been so neat to see someone grow up and get married!
ReplyDeleteWhen I skimmed your blog post title, I thought you were getting married. I was confused and startled for a good thirty seconds lol.
Congrats to Jen and Chris..
ReplyDeleteYou seem just as happy as they are!
Ian -
ReplyDeleteI probably am just as happy as they are. I love my Jenny. She has been my best friend since we were 18. We are intertwined in each others' lives unlike any other friend I have. I know her darkest times and secrets, and she knows mine. We have always been looking out for each other.
Jen pretty much swore off any chance of ever getting married or having kids. That all changed when Chris came into her life. I am forever grateful to Chris for putting this happiness into Jenny's life that she so much deserves.
They are a great match for each other. Both just smile when they are near each other. It is perfect.
Can't wait to be Uncle Joey to their kids.
(She would kill me for mentioning kids! LOL)