May 29, 2010

200th Post - Music and Friends

Who knew that I would make it to post #200 since I began this blog last summer. I wanted to do something different for this post, so here you go! I wanted to thank some of you for your friendship to me. There is so much I want to say to each of you, but it would take way too long for my fingers to keep up.

For a change of pace, I have decided to find a song that expresses how I see each of you or think about you. Nothing but love to you all.

Mandi - Eagle When She Flies (Dolly Parton)
You are one of the most incredible women I know, and I am honored to call you my friend!

MNJ - Geek in the Pink (Jason Mraz)
Thanks for being a great friend and having the courage to not be ashamed. Thought this song appropriate given your affinity of PINK!

Mikey - You've Got a Friend (James Taylor & Carole King)
You are such a wonderful friend who has been there for me this past year. Hopefully I have been there for you on some level.

Dean - You Heal Me (The Wilkinsons)
My dear friend, I sincerely hope that you are able to someday find the happiness I know you deserve. I look forward to the day you can also show me around Chicago.

Ian - I Don't Want to Be (Gavin Degraw)
My good friend across the "big pond!" Thank you for not being afraid to live you life. Thanks for checking up on me from time to time.

Carlos - My Wish (Rascal Flatts) 
Like Dean, I hope you are also able to find the happiness I believe you deserve. You are so hard on yourself, and I worry about you. I am always going to be here for you.



Jenny - It's Your Love (Tim McGraw & Faith Hill)
God could not have given me anyone better to be my best friend. We have been through it all. I am so happy to see the joy and elation you are experiencing these days. No one deserves it more. I love you. This song is for your and Chris.
 

Miles - We Are Golden (Mika)
Your zest for life in infectious. Don't know what else to say except that. You have the best personality, and I think you bring a smile to everyone's faces. Keep it up my friend!

David B - All That's Known (Spring Awakening)
As I have said before, I am so impressed by you. Your successes at such an early age are an inspiration to so many. Your openness and giving spirit are two things that draw so many to you. You are an awesome spirit.

Lynne - Beautiful (Christina Aguilera) 
Oh my beautiful friend...I cannot wait to see you walk down the isle this Friday. You are a beautimous person, and you are a fantabulous teacher!

Razz - Permanent (David Cook)
Though I did not know you, personally, I feel like I have learned so much from you and your zest for life. I wish you were still with us. I imagine we could have been great friends.

Nabil - The Man Who Can't Be Moved (The Script)
My friend, you have been so awesome in checking in from time to time. I hope to get to learn more about you as we continue on this journey.

BK - The Freshman (Jay Brannan)
My Canadian friend! LOL. You are one person who inspires me in so many ways. You have an unlimited range of talents that will take you far in life. I cannot wait to see where you go in this great adventure.

Aaron - Don't Feel Like Dancin' (Scissor Sisters)
My Australian buddy, by way of Malaysia. You do so much so fast, that I sometimes feel I cannot keep up. WOW! Keep inspiring and living life.

I know I have missed so many more of you. Perhaps I will add more at a later time. 

Take Care,
Joey

7 comments:

  1. Cheers, Joey, congrats on the 200th post! You also inspire me in more ways than you know with the amount of dedication you show in the things you do.

    I can't believe you chose Jay Brannan for me :D ! I've only mentioned him fleetingly in one post!

    Lots of love, Joey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BOOOOOOOO!!!! I had a nice really long comment ready to go, clicked submit, and got a message about not being able to do HTML in your comments, and voila, it was gone.

    I think this was a totally cute idea, and like the song you picked for me. That was special ;-)

    The song that I would say reminds me about you is Josh Gracin's "I Want to Live," since it is a lot about struggles, getting there, then wishing for something just a little different, and that's what I think of about you. Not meaning it in a bad way- you have everything it seems- great friends, support, job, but I know about the difficulties at work you have told me about and wishing to escape at times. :)

    As for our friendship Cyndi Lauper's "Time After Time" comes to mind. Time after time you're there to listen to me bitch, whine, complain, moan, and just talk about work, school, family, all that jazz.

    Mikey

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot wait to listen to my song! I am in work at the minute and can't play Youtube vidoes.

    You know you rock, right?

    I will send you a song via email later.

    ReplyDelete
  4. BK -

    Jay Brannan is awesome. He is one of my current favorites.


    Mikey -

    Love Josh Gracin's "I Want to Live." Great choice!


    Ian -

    I knew instantly the song I wanted to choose for you. Gavin Degraw is one of my favorites, and "I Don't Want to Be" is a song in independence and being your own individual. That is what I see in you every time I read your blog or get a message from you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful guy , beautiful song, what can I ask for more, thank's and was impressed to find my name.

    ReplyDelete
  6. now I'm all weepy. thanks A LOT!!
    hugs and kisses

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love you Mandi! That song was definitely written for you. Dolly is a brilliant woman...just like you!

    ReplyDelete